New 240 IPS 1ms panels ghosting?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
dANii

New 240 IPS 1ms panels ghosting?

Post by dANii » 15 Jan 2020, 05:49

Hello everyone!

I'm in the market for a new 240hz panel. I play fast paced shooters such as: csgo, quake, apex legends.I prefer TN panels as I've tried IPS panels before, such as the Asus PG279Q and I couldn't stand the ghosting it had.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Alienware AW2720HF or any other new IPS panel that claims to have 1ms g2g and could share his experiences with it.DELL claims true 1ms g2g with overdrive, but my question is, will the motionblur still be very noticeable?

Personally I'm looking to get the 25" model, which will presumably be released in March this year.

UPDATE: I Found this video pretty helpful, guess TN is still the way to go at 240h

STOPchris

Re: New 240 IPS 1ms panels ghosting?

Post by STOPchris » 15 Jan 2020, 12:45

This one has the lowest lag of any monitor that I've seen a review for, even the PG279Q. I have the PG279Q and it is on par with my PG258Q, probably better, for FPS gaming. For me the low input lag makes it better for a quick and accurate flick shot while sniping. The one thing that immediately made it a no for me, is that it is 27 inches at 1920x1080. However, it is pretty much on par with the TN PG258Q, even with response times: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/ac ... xv273x.htm

TwentyFoe

Re: New 240 IPS 1ms panels ghosting?

Post by TwentyFoe » 16 Jan 2020, 11:31

STOPchris wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 12:45
This one has the lowest lag of any monitor that I've seen a review for, even the PG279Q. I have the PG279Q and it is on par with my PG258Q, probably better, for FPS gaming. For me the low input lag makes it better for a quick and accurate flick shot while sniping. The one thing that immediately made it a no for me, is that it is 27 inches at 1920x1080. However, it is pretty much on par with the TN PG258Q, even with response times: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/ac ... xv273x.htm
I'm so confused. You're saying all of this and then link to a review that quite literally contradicts everything you've said. Yes, the new IPS panels are faster and better than their predecessors, making them even faster than some TN panels, but the great TN panels (especially the recent AOU 1.9) still has the IPS beat. The Asus monitors you've mentioned are also faster.

I've been waiting for the XV253Q X but as I said on multiple occasions around here - I fear that I may be waiting in vain... The 27" is already here, so the 24.5" will probably have similar results, and it clearly has more blur (higher G2G). I think I should pick up the XN253Q X and be done with it... The fact that the XV will not be genuine G-SYNC is another reason...

I wish someone who has actually used the XV273 X would share their 2cents about the blur (in comparison to the faster TN panels).