BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
paradox
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jun 2020, 22:15

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by paradox » 27 Jun 2020, 23:48

Right right, email benq here BQA.eSports@benq.com -- I refereed this email to TooMuchTech on youtube, and they said that they would give him a sample of the 27'. As for the 24.5, they say that they " hope " to have the panel out for sale by the end of this month.. it is pretty much end of the month and I do not see anything showing up, we shall see.. If not, July for sure.. Virus is really slowing down production I guess.

Chief, but what do you think of the claim that HDMI 2.0 will net faster response than DP ?
I tried DP cable and could not tell a difference.

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 7699
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Jun 2020, 00:50

paradox wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 23:48
Chief, but what do you think of the claim that HDMI 2.0 will net faster response than DP ?
There's no meaningful difference -- well under a millisecond different.

However, on SOME monitors, the programming created either a HDMI-slower-than-DP or a DP-slower-than-HDMI.

It's much like how some 240 Hz monitors only support 240 Hz via DisplayPort, even though HDMI 1.3 can support 240 Hz. It's just how the chips/logic is programmed, and sometimes the HDMI programming/processing is less efficient or more efficient.

If you milk the limits of the latest DP and HDMI, the differences are only microseconds apart.

In reality, it's really just programming differences.

Also, if you're comparing older spec versus newer spec (e.g. new HDMI versus very old DIsplayPort, or new DisplayPort versus very old HDMI), it no longer is apples vs apples either.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

Slender
Posts: 10
Joined: 25 Jan 2020, 17:55

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by Slender » 29 Jun 2020, 23:50

Hello Forum! приобрел xl2546s, где мне найти настройку для калибровки?

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 7699
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Jun 2020, 00:04

Slender wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 23:50
Hello Forum! приобрел xl2546s, где мне найти настройку для калибровки?
The official Blur Busters Forum language is English -- can you please make your next posts in English? Thanks!

I checked Google Translate. You asked about settings for the XL2546S. Right now, it's a bit sparse around here due to the model being quite brand new. I'm keeping an eye on www.prosettings.net for some common esports settings.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

paradox
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jun 2020, 22:15

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by paradox » 30 Jun 2020, 10:06

Thanks for the explanation on hdmi vs dp Chief, another brief question. Is 8bit really better than 6bit + FRC. Not even sure if it is worth trying the 24.5 version of this xls panel if 6bit + frc is truly worse color. And some on here have mentioned that the 27' is " definitely " smoother. Would any logic actually back this up, though ? Would there be any REAL benefit besides paying less and slightly more ppi going to that 24.5' ?

Falkentyne
Posts: 2596
Joined: 26 Mar 2014, 07:23

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by Falkentyne » 30 Jun 2020, 12:04

paradox wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:06
Thanks for the explanation on hdmi vs dp Chief, another brief question. Is 8bit really better than 6bit + FRC. Not even sure if it is worth trying the 24.5 version of this xls panel if 6bit + frc is truly worse color. And some on here have mentioned that the 27' is " definitely " smoother. Would any logic actually back this up, though ? Would there be any REAL benefit besides paying less and slightly more ppi going to that 24.5' ?
It's much better than 6 bit+frc.
6 bit+frc gives obvious color banding on some blended surfaces even far below 360mhz pixel clock...

elbruz3
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Jun 2020, 18:08

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by elbruz3 » 30 Jun 2020, 18:36

Hi All. This is my first post and I am thankful for a website like this and the community. + CHIEF is amazingly helpful.

I would like to ask the main difference between XL2546 and XL2546S,

Also to add up since most pros don't use XL2546's DYAC some just go with XL2540's 240hz. And they don't upgrade to 2546 even its better.

Since I will keep this monitor for long time which one do you prefer XL2546 or XL2546S and the real-time user difference. I have read the 0,5ms but I am trying to understand is it just marketing. And heard the DYAC is better but, does it really matter? Thanks.

Slender
Posts: 10
Joined: 25 Jan 2020, 17:55

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by Slender » 30 Jun 2020, 19:06

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 00:04
Slender wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 23:50
Hello Forum! приобрел xl2546s, где мне найти настройку для калибровки?
The official Blur Busters Forum language is English -- can you please make your next posts in English? Thanks!

I checked Google Translate. You asked about settings for the XL2546S. Right now, it's a bit sparse around here due to the model being quite brand new. I'm keeping an eye on www.prosettings.net for some common esports settings.
Really! Google translator translated my text a second before sending! But no matter, I just saw the post above where a man talks about a certain dirtyscrubz who configured it as almost ips ...

SantagausS
Posts: 9
Joined: 11 Aug 2018, 19:30

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by SantagausS » 30 Jun 2020, 21:17

Anyone know any places with the 27 inch in stock in the usa?

paradox
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Jun 2020, 22:15

Re: BENQ Zowie XL2746S/XL2546S Owners Thread

Post by paradox » 30 Jun 2020, 21:51

at the same time, the more ppi might generate a much better picture with 6bit+ frc , though, thats the thing.

Post Reply