TestUFO tests showing my display at 60Hz

NEW for 2017: Discussion about the testufo.com Blur Busters Motion Tests. Widely used by enthusiasts, display tweakers, YouTubers reviewers, monitor manufacturers and VR headset makers!
howkey

TestUFO tests showing my display at 60Hz

Post by howkey » 22 Mar 2020, 09:34

Hi, I need a help with testufo in Chrome. I tried everything from the HOWTO: Fix "TestUFO stuck at 60Hz" FAQ but it still shows 60Hz. I also tried latest Opera and Firefox with no luck. Can you help me please? :) I'm including user agent and all required screenshots.

User Agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.149 Safari/537.36
5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.149 Safari/537.36

Thank you :)
Attachments
chrome-gpu.jpg
chrome-gpu.jpg (295.19 KiB) Viewed 7613 times
animation.jpg
animation.jpg (235.68 KiB) Viewed 7613 times
hz.png
hz.png (13.54 KiB) Viewed 7613 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: TestUFO tests showing my display at 60Hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Mar 2020, 18:17

This sometimes happens with multimonitor -- when at least one 60Hz television or 60Hz monitor is currently connected.

How many monitors do you have connected?

Can you unplug them temporarily?

If you are single monitor, then troubleshooting becomes more interesting.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

howkey

Post by howkey » 24 Mar 2020, 01:36

I am using only one monitor. I found a reason today. I created custom resolution with overclocked refresh rate (144Hz originaly) two days ago. I forgot to check in monitor OSD if the refresh rate was applied. Monitor shows 60Hz so not. I have 24" iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB2488HSU-B3 It seems that when I set this custom refresh resolution with overclocked refresh rate, monitor fallbacks to a default setting maybe? I have set it in Radeon software with default G. pixel frequency. When I keep computed value of G. pixel frequency after refresh rate change I got info from my monitor that some value is out of range. Maybe my monitor is not overclockable?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Mar 2020, 23:00

Occasionally, different screens can show different things -- especially with DVI cables and/or older DisplayPort cables -- or when a GPU doesn't support the pixel clock necessary for the overclock. Then different screens sometimes go out of sync.

Incidentially, I created an article, Oh No, I'm At The Wrong Refresh Rate, since it was common that a monitor was not running at the correct refresh rate. Follow steps 1-5 to find out what refresh rate Windows thinks your monitor is. Get the correct number showing up there first, before using TestUFO.

There can be some disagreements between different screens, so that's the most important screen to verify the correct number shows up at.

The monitor's OSD is another method to verify correct refresh rate (at least during fixed-Hz situation).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!