Page 1 of 1

Fullscreen "jittery"

Posted: 27 May 2020, 18:57
by Cdim
I have an issue with motion test/ other browser games where when I enter fullscreen on the browser (F11) it is smooth until the warning that says "Press esc to exit full screen" goes away. Once this warning/notice leaves, the top of the full screen motion becomes jittery and is never smooth. Everything works fine outside of fullscreen and it works fine while the "Press esc to exit full screen" label is present.
I have tried disabling hardware acceleration in chrome, but framerates became worse and I would prefer to keep this option on because it helps during browser games.
Has anyone else had this issue at all?

Re: Fullscreen "jittery"

Posted: 28 May 2020, 09:00
by RealNC
TestUFO requires DWM (or Aero in Windows 7) to work correctly. It seems recent versions of Chrome and Firefox actually switch to independent fullscreen mode, which disables DWM. This is probably the cause of the stutter. TestUFO isn't mean to be used in actual fullscreen mode.

Re: Fullscreen "jittery"

Posted: 28 May 2020, 12:36
by Chief Blur Buster
Make sure you configure NVIDIA Control Panel to use VSYNC ON for full screen.

Somehow, Chrome inherits the VSYNC OFF setting or other settings found there.