Strange lighter pixels... For a few minutes.
-
STOPchris
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 18:23
Strange lighter pixels... For a few minutes.
I have a PG279Q for my main PC monitor. I have been playing around with my new XB253Q GX on my second PC for days now. I haven't started my main PC, with the PG279Q, for about 8 days. When I fired it up today, there were several light pixels on the screen. One was bright enough for me to see sitting back in my chair. When I came in close to the screen I could see several much lighter pixels doing the same thing. I tried several other cables, including HDMI and the same issue was present. It they weren't stuck pixels or dead pixels, as they were just a faint (lighter) version of the color displayed on the screen. I also tried several ports on the graphics card. I turned off the 165 overclock. The issue still persisted. As I was using the screen, I noticed that the issue started to go away. I could still see the pixel issues, but I REALLY had to look for them. Now, there is no problem at all. Is this something that can happen when not using the monitor for long periods of time? Or, is this just an indication of what's to come? A malfunctioning monitor?
-
STOPchris
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 18:23
Re: Strange lighter pixels... For a few minutes.
It also has some black spots that appear for a few minutes after starting the monitor, they slowly fade away as the monitor warms up until they are completely gone.
-
STOPchris
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 18:23
Re: Strange lighter pixels... For a few minutes.
I did start the monitor after a few hours recently and the pixel issue did NOT return. However, the black spots issue does.
- Slender
- Posts: 1848
- Joined: 25 Jan 2020, 17:55
Re: Strange lighter pixels... For a few minutes.
tell me, is the XB253Q GX the best choice at the moment? or is it better to wait bq2546s?
-
STOPchris
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 18:23
Re: Strange lighter pixels... For a few minutes.
If you like playing fast first person shooters, then the monitor is great. However, after switching back between my setups, the larger higher resolution display (PG279Q) is still better for everything else. Even though the colors on the XB253Q GX are really good and the lag is VERY low, the PG279Q looks overall better and has more display area. I just played some Dark Souls 3 on my PG279Q, then switched to the XB253Q GX, and for sure prefer the PG279Q for games where speed doesn't matter as much.
- Slender
- Posts: 1848
- Joined: 25 Jan 2020, 17:55
Re: Strange lighter pixels... For a few minutes.
I only play shooters, now the choice is between the acer tn and ips versions, the g-sync module in the tn version attracts me because my FPS in different games is always different .. bf3 150fps, cod mw 200, cs +250 fps. By the way, you managed to solve your problem with PG279Q, is there a problem in the cable?
-
STOPchris
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 18:23
Re: Strange lighter pixels... For a few minutes.
No, I believe it is the overclock setting or Gsync.Slender wrote: ↑09 Jun 2020, 09:04I only play shooters, now the choice is between the acer tn and ips versions, the g-sync module in the tn version attracts me because my FPS in different games is always different .. bf3 150fps, cod mw 200, cs +250 fps. By the way, you managed to solve your problem with PG279Q, is there a problem in the cable?
