Best 4k Gaming Monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Joel D

Best 4k Gaming Monitor

Post by Joel D » 27 Jun 2020, 13:35

I see all talk / reviews, etc.. here about 2k monitors, but currently, where we at as far as the best 4k Monitor with refresh rates and input lag, panel type, etc.. ?

And personally, at 4k would be interested in something slightly larger than 27" and curved would be nice.

(this would be for total subversive games and the ones that support 4k of course. So input lag matters *less* (just less, not not at all of course). Also I imagine the highest our computers can support now is 120hz @ 4k ? Or is it 144hz ?

Brand list and links would be nice. Curious as to why this isn't already on here somewhere. As the site advertises "everything better than 60hz". So everything don't have to be 240 ! lol

Joel D

Re: Best 4k Gaming Monitor

Post by Joel D » 30 Jun 2020, 20:27

Nothing ? Crickets ??

Anyway, I did some research myself just with google, and see there are some out there. Gets down to 4ms input lag g2g. 144hz too ! They are IPS -

But they cost as much as my 55" OLED, which can get as low as 8ms. So unsure the tech is at a place where its worth it yet. I'd be fine on my 4k OLED TV and prob look much better too. BUT I'd have to go down to 120hz, 8+ms input lag, etc...

Plus I really want something thats reasonable for desktop gaming, so like 32" max. Prob just best to wait for a couple years, then I bet some cool stuff along these lines would be out.

Dreaming of a 32" 4k OLED Gaming monitor under 4ms input lag 240hz.

Then the question arises, can my DP cable and Nvidia 2080 Ti support 4k@240fps/hz