CS 2 literally unplayable on Faceit

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
disconcerted^

CS 2 literally unplayable on Faceit

Post by disconcerted^ » 03 Nov 2023, 17:56

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a crazy problem :'(

I play CS 2 and on Valve servers I have no input lag all my hits register perfectly, but on Faceit servers it's strictly impossible to hit my enemies my mouse looks muddy and completely slow and no hit registers is impressive.

I contacted Faceit support and they referred me to the company that manages the servers, who told me that everything was fine.

On CS:GO I already had this problem, but it wasn't as pronounced as it is now, it's just completely unplayable.

I've got fiber optics, a very good brand new PC, so I don't understand at all from a technical point of view where the problem could come from. If anyone among you has any suggestions, I'd be very willing to take them.

Thank you

supernoms

Re: CS 2 literally unplayable on Faceit

Post by supernoms » 09 Nov 2023, 09:03

its the anti cheat. The anti cheat for faceit and valorant both bug out the mouse movements for some individuals for no known reason. Not enough people have it happen to them for anyone to care.

unconnected

Post by unconnected » 09 Nov 2023, 13:18

Try checking if debug.txt in faceit folder (%appdata%) has any software blocked, can be synapse/icue/ecc. In case, set up the mouse as you want it and unistall it.

oenay

Post by oenay » 09 Nov 2023, 20:17

I have exactly the same issues. I think the routes to the servers? On face it my recoil is broken hit reg is broken, bullets coming out the gun like i have 1 second delay or input lag. When i shot no bullets register, the others shoting me and i get insta headshots!

disconcerted^

Post by disconcerted^ » 22 Nov 2023, 19:27

Hi guys,

Thank you for your feedback!

@unconnected how to interpret this file? I just connected to Faceit after being away for a week and in the file I have this :

Wed Nov 22 23:55:02 2023 GMT C
Wed Nov 22 23:58:02 2023 GMT B 1
Thu Nov 23 00:22:12 2023 GMT B

B for blocking?

THANKS

disconcerted^

Post by disconcerted^ » 22 Nov 2023, 19:41

@supernoms I imagine that possibly even very certainly it is linked to the anti-cheat and this from a technical point of view knowing that on the valve mm "anti-cheat" is included in the game. But why the hell would anti-cheat interfere so much with gameplay!
My enemies kill me only on prefires, crazy latency, hitreg etc.

@unconnected I don't have third party software for the mouse, a simple USB connection is enough.

@oenay The problem is deeper than that, it's not the routing. When playing on an MM server on Steam in Germany or a Faceit server in Germany the routing remains the same, don't you think?

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 29 Nov 2023, 07:17

Interesting, werent you posting also at reddit? A guy posted here exacctly same issue at faceit reddit.

My case is right opposite. I had input lag in csgo only at faceit and i could never get rid off it. Feeling extremelly incomfortable to play. At WASE i demolished even pros as the aim was instant and snappy and at faceit i hard progressed level 8 with a wet spaghetti aim...
Meanwhile in cs2 the input lag doesnt seem to appear or differ from other servers.

Most probable suspect is their anticheat. A bit helped to manually assign only 1 unused CPU core for AC so it cant touch other CPU cores but it didnt solve problem fully, only a bit. Best doing it in process lasso (CS2 to cores 3-16, AC to core 2, bloat etc to 1-2). You ccan also run prime or occt stress test on core 2 to disable AC fully simply by denying it from any CPU time...

Important! WNIMANIE! UWAGA! ACHTUNG!

The game is also EXTREMELLY pay2hardware2win. Did you read how twistzz tried to play at 7900X with 4080 and 7900X3D with 4090rig and he noticed that the game runs noticably better on 7900X3D with 4090...
Whats your configuration? Maybe the AC performance steal is the final nail to performance lack coffin.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 01 Dec 2023, 19:56

Meh, so i made a new discovery.

I noticed that all servers are laggy for me, except PRACC DM. The aim at valve + faceit + most customs look like a bad joke now after playing here. I didnt feel an aim lag increment at faceit like i do in csgo because it was everywhere in cs2. Its not clear input lag, its aim lag (floaty aim), click to fire latency may be low, but the aim moves with inertia and delay, the same about movement, is heavy and unresponsive. And then i randomly joined custom pracc DM server and...
Snappy sprays, aim going instantly at target, catlight movement (not heavy muddy crap like at officials)... I wondered how big difference it was. (connected to 169.150.247.197:26348)

I made a short video of spraying here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Gii5F2P7U These sprays i can forget at all at any other platforms, except WASE csgo (sadly wase cs2 is lagfest).

beirut__

Post by beirut__ » 04 Dec 2023, 04:49

The same thing happens to me! I feel like this is a huge disadvantage, as my enemies on faceit are simply destroying me due to this unresponsiveness or whatever....Wish I could enjoy faceit as much as I do on offical valve servers.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 17 Dec 2023, 04:10

disconcerted^ wrote:
03 Nov 2023, 17:56
Hello everyone,

I'm facing a crazy problem :'(

I play CS 2 and on Valve servers I have no input lag all my hits register perfectly, but on Faceit servers it's strictly impossible to hit my enemies my mouse looks muddy and completely slow and no hit registers is impressive.

I contacted Faceit support and they referred me to the company that manages the servers, who told me that everything was fine.

On CS:GO I already had this problem, but it wasn't as pronounced as it is now, it's just completely unplayable.

I've got fiber optics, a very good brand new PC, so I don't understand at all from a technical point of view where the problem could come from. If anyone among you has any suggestions, I'd be very willing to take them.

Thank you
I have the same problem. I think it's internet routing. Turn on the show connection problem setting in CS2 and you will likely see 1-3% packetloss show up almost continuously.

Test if your connection has bufferbloat, which is an indication of network congestion and/or packet deprioritization.
https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

If you're looking to test it more thoroughly for evidence, you can download pingplotter, set to UDP, and ping the server while you play the game. It's probably worst during peak hours 11:00AM-midnight.