Desperately asking for any sort of help.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
beirut__

Desperately asking for any sort of help.

Post by beirut__ » 09 Jan 2024, 09:25

I dont know why or how, but this is happening to me 90% of the time. The only game I play is counter strike, I have 3.6 k hours in this game. I have been playing it since it came out...I know that I dont lack skill or mechanic or game sense, I am sure about it, I have made it clear to myself a lot of times. This problem has fucked my confidence real good. People are considering me noob and telling me to quit game, and this is ver, irritating as I know my potential and I know that I could stomp these people ...if just I didnt have this problem .... I dont know. Its like my head has a magnet for their bullet. Literally. Out of three people running, I am the one that gets hit, always. Whenever I try to peek, no matter how cautious I am, how focused, how determined, I get insta tapped. I want to cry. I have tried so many tweaks. I built a new pc. I tried playing on lte from usb tethering. This shit always comes back. I can literally instantly say after one second into the game that something is off. Bro. When it happens that for some reason the game is synchronised and my shots are being registered.... Not one match I win without getting w
2.5/3.0 KD. PEOPLE WERE ADDING ME ASKING ME FOR MY CONFIG AND BEGGING ME TO PLAY WITH THEM. And day or more after, I am a walking noob that everyone has advantage over. Last night, I stayed up until 3 am even though I work at 7am just desperately trying to figure it out. Done net tweaks, registry tweaks, bios tweaks, windows tweaks, memory tweaks, mouse tweaks.... Tested my pc, all great, but when i tested for bufferbloat it says that I have a C and a very big bufferbloat. Honestly, I dont know what to do. Im losing my sleep and I am smoking more than I ever did..... What has my life come to after this shitty experience.... I think it has come to one main point. To just destroy all my configuration and leave everything.....im using fibre connection in my building. Router is placed in the middle of my apartment in a box, with all the wiring, and my ethernet is plugged in a wall and then into a pc. I tried fftp cat 8 cable, I tried to play with wifi adapter from usb
... I honestly dont know shit anymore except that I just want to play this fucking game without enemies having this much advantage over me. My gear is great. My aim is great. Im shooting a guy from behind and he only gets 20 damage from me, turns around, gives me insta headshot......i k now i am not that bad, cause if I was, I would never be able to be killing level 10s on faceit when I feel that my game is crisp and clear.... If someone could ever help me I would pay whatever just for this shitty thing to stop and finally enjoy gaming to my full potential. I am from Serbia by the way, if that has any importance.....

Palacko

Re: Desperately asking for any sort of help.

Post by Palacko » 09 Jan 2024, 10:25

Lets say „dobro dosao u club“
Did you ever play in a gaming club or at your friends house?
The most people i know with this problem, have it everywhere on every pc.

I moved 3 times, new pcs new everything - tried in 10 countrys and shit is coming back within 1hour.

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 09 Jan 2024, 11:50

Palacko wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 10:25

I moved 3 times, new pcs new everything - tried in 10 countrys and shit is coming back within 1hour.
Do you want to tell us that you tested different PC in each country?

beirut__

Post by beirut__ » 09 Jan 2024, 12:12

Palacko wrote:

There is no logic in that. Then there is no problem. It cant be that on every pc, the same things happens

Palacko

Post by Palacko » 09 Jan 2024, 14:07

cursed-gamer wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 11:50
Palacko wrote:

Do you want to tell us that you tested different PC in each country?
yes i tested it in like 10 countrys and 15-20 new pc‘s over the years. Problem is due to my body, i have videos on youtube you can check: dani pa input lag. I have over 200k view

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 09 Jan 2024, 22:23

I've been fighting this issue for years now. I spent a lot of hours eliminating every possible cause and have narrowed it down to only a few possible causes.

It seems like a network issue, but I haven't ruled out the possibility of it being an account issue. My previous ISP had bufferbloat problems and my current one has packetloss problems. The only time my game works without lag is during non-peak hours under both ISPs from around 2AM-6AM.

In CS2 the network performance can be monitored in a new way.
cs2lag.png
cs2lag.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 1133 times
In the lower orange highlighted area you can see a series of numbers (23-85-99 in this example), and from what I can tell it's a ping to 3 separate Valve servers. When desync issues happen, the second latency is the one that seems to be very unstable. I also see huge chunks of desync or rewinding time errors in console that correspond to the ping spikes.

The upper netgraph often shows packetloss, and at the end of the game the console report will only say something like 2 dropped packets after a game of almost nonstop 3-15% packetloss.

I think the cause is network congestion, deprioritization of gaming packets, and switches running algorithms that disfavor certain connections. There are some other possibilities but I won't discuss those at this time.