Can you please tell me a monitor for sensitive eyes?

There are over 100 ergonomic issues from displays, far more than just flicker and blue light. This forum covers the giant variety of display ergonomics issues.
omnamo

Post by omnamo » 08 Dec 2021, 21:58

Good afternoon.
I work with text, typeset in the editor, spend a lot of time in the browser - this is the most important thing.
I like to play different games in my free time.
I am a very sensitive person, both in vision and in the 144hz nervous system, I feel good.

Glare, dead pixels and other image distortions are very annoying, you need a good matrix.

Now I have Viewsonic 24 tn 144hz

I chose such models on my own, but I don’t understand which one to take.

AlienwareAW2521H
AlienwareAW2721D
ASUSROG Strix XG27AQM
HPOMEN X 27
HPOmen X 25f
AcerNitro XV252QF
ViewsonicElite XG270QC
AcerPredator XB273UGXbmiipruzx
ASUSROG Swift PG259QNR
ASUSTUF Gaming VG259QM
ViewsonicElite XG270
XG270QG
AcerPredator X25 UM.KX0EE.006
Samsung g7 - but they write about it a lot of marriage

Thanks for the help.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Can you please tell me a monitor for sensitive eyes?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Dec 2021, 12:20

Will try to help. What kind of eye sensitivities do you have?

- Flicker sensitivity
- Motion blur sensitivity
- Brightness sensitivity
- Blue light sensitivity
- Etc

If you are not sure, then tell me which monitors hurt your eyes, and which monitors did not hurt your eyes, and I can deduce a pattern.

Various other factors apply too, such as viewing distance, ambient light, glare, etc.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 10 Dec 2021, 01:38

For me eyestrain was most intense on TN panel AW2518HF. Later I switched to IPS VG279QM and after that it was mostly gone. I must note that my vision got much worse throughout this period of using high refresh rate monitors. I even started to use glasses. Not sure if thats the real reason but it lines up.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

omnamo

Post by omnamo » 10 Dec 2021, 09:10

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 12:20

- Flicker sensitivity
- Brightness sensitivity
- Blue light sensitivity
- Etc

If you are not sure, then tell me which monitors hurt your eyes, and which monitors did not hurt your eyes, and I can deduce a pattern.

Various other factors apply too, such as viewing distance, ambient light, glare, etc.
Thank you, 4 years ago I tried to switch from tn matrices to IPS, I really didn’t like them, because they hurt my eyes, I took an expensive dell IPS matrix and it seemed like the pixels were moving or shaking, after 30 minutes I had a terrible headache and nausea , hurt his eyes and dizzy.

I took tn viewsonic 144 hz and everything is fine, but I want something bigger and new, but I'm very afraid.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Dec 2021, 14:12

omnamo wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 09:10
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 12:20

- Flicker sensitivity
- Brightness sensitivity
- Blue light sensitivity
- Etc

Thank you, 4 years ago I tried to switch from tn matrices to IPS, I really didn’t like them, because they hurt my eyes, I took an expensive dell IPS matrix and it seemed like the pixels were moving or shaking, after 30 minutes I had a terrible headache and nausea , hurt his eyes and dizzy.

I took tn viewsonic 144 hz and everything is fine, but I want something bigger and new, but I'm very afraid.
Beep.

Insufficient information.

More input required.

Additional questions:

1. What model was the Dell IPS that you purchased? Was it PWM-free? Did it have any of these LCD motion artifacts?
2. Does your current television hurt your eyes? What is the brand and model of your TV?
3. Do you have a smartphone? Does your smartphone hurt your eyes? What model is it?
4. Does Apple screens hurt your eyes? (iPhone, iPad, iMacs)
5. Have you ever tried orange-tinted glasses? (Computer glasses) Have you ever tried low-blue-light features?

Current supicion might or might not be.
1. PWM dimming (but depends on your answer to question #1)
2. Eyestrain from screen anti-glare filter (answer to question 4 will help, because Apple screens do not use anti-glare filters)
3. Screen color gamut behaviors and LED backlight color spectrum behaviors. (Answer to question 4 will help)

If you can supply much, much more information (10x more information), I can help nail a much more accurate unofficial diagnosis of your screen-related discomfort, based on my Blur Busters experience.

Be noted I am not a doctor, however, I have been told I'm unusually excellent at unofficially diagnosing a persons' screen-related discomforts in a way far better than vision professionals. Not a 100% success rate, but far more helpful. (However, you should still meet with an eye doctor for final confirmations)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

omnamo

Post by omnamo » 10 Dec 2021, 20:25

It's just a little hard for me to understand, I speak through an interpreter, but I'll try.

1. I don’t remember the matrix model, I remember that it was very bad on the desktop, but in games it was normal. The monitor was approximately from this series, but this model is not accurate, since it was 4 years ago, I crossed myself and forgot this horror DELL P2419H
2. I don't have a TV
3.redmi note 4 - the phone does not hurt the eyes, everything is fine with it, I looked at the new IPS phones, too, everything is fine.
4. Apple never tried it, looked at a friend's phone, everything seems to be fine, but I need to use it for a long time, and not swoop down for 5 minutes.
5. Have not tried

I underwent a consultation and examination by an ophthalmologist, everything is fine with my eyesight.

For 10 years he worked at the monitor Nec 195xvm + for 10 hours a day.
Then I bought a Viewsonic XG2401 - I have been working for it for 6 years, no problems at all, 10-12 hours a day, I literally live in front of the monitor, this is the most important detail for me.

As I understand it, my eyes tolerate the tn matrix, and do not tolerate IPS. va haven't tried it.

I really feel 144 hertz, I think to try 360 or 240, crazy about the high smoothness of the mouse movement. It is very soft and fluid.

I really want to buy a good, new monitor with a good image.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Dec 2021, 21:19

omnamo wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 20:25
As I understand it, my eyes tolerate the tn matrix, and do not tolerate IPS. va haven't tried it.
It's tough to say, but this might be possible narrowings-down.
- It may simply be the type of antiglare filter (differences)
- It may simply be the type of LED backlight (differences)
- It may simply be brightness differences
- It may simply be polarization difference. Some humans are eyestrained by excess amount of light of a specific polarization. The light emission of an LCD is polarized. Most IPS LCDs have a polarization 90-degrees different from TN LCDs. You can find out by viewing through polarized sunglasses, one angle will be black and the other angle will be bright.

IPS may or may not at fault.
Do you have the ability to go to a large computer store and stare at multiple displays?
omnamo wrote:
I really feel 144 hertz, I think to try 360 or 240, crazy about the high smoothness of the mouse movement. It is very soft and fluid.
Doubling Hz will halve display motion blur.
The next TN step would be 240Hz.
Currently, all 360Hz displays are currently IPS.

omnamo

Post by omnamo » 11 Dec 2021, 01:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 21:19
omnamo wrote:
It's tough to say, but this might be possible narrowings-down.
- It may simply be the type of antiglare filter (differences)
- It may simply be the type of LED backlight (differences)
- It may simply be brightness differences
- It may simply be polarization difference. Some humans are eyestrained by excess amount of light of a specific polarization. The light emission of an LCD is polarized. Most IPS LCDs have a polarization 90-degrees different from TN LCDs. You can find out by viewing through polarized sunglasses, one angle will be black and the other angle will be bright.

IPS may or may not at fault.
Do you have the ability to go to a large computer store and stare at multiple displays?
omnamo wrote:
Doubling Hz will halve display motion blur.
The next TN step would be 240Hz.
Currently, all 360Hz displays are currently IPS.
Thank you, yes, I will try to go and look at the displays again in the store.
What about va matrices?
So far, I don’t understand what to buy tn, va, ips and which company has less defects in matrices, so as not to change and donate monitors.