Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 102
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 26 May 2024, 18:41

jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:09
can someone with RSS enabled share the result of: Get-NetAdapterRss
i did
Last edited by JimCarry on 26 May 2024, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 102
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 26 May 2024, 18:45

JimCarry wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:41
jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:09
can someone with RSS enabled share the result of: Get-NetAdapterRss
Last edited by JimCarry on 26 May 2024, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 102
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 26 May 2024, 18:45

jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:09
can someone with RSS enabled share the result of: Get-NetAdapterRss
Attachments
ress.GIF
ress.GIF (374.09 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
Last edited by JimCarry on 26 May 2024, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Unreazz
Posts: 175
Joined: 30 Dec 2019, 06:45

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by Unreazz » 26 May 2024, 18:57

jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:40
Unreazz wrote:
26 May 2024, 13:34
as you requested


Image
what driver are u using ? and Could you please tell us your setup (MB, cpu) ?

because my results are as same as BlurWickd, IndirectionTable and RssProcessorArray are empty and we have same network card; im confused.
BlurWickd wrote:
26 May 2024, 12:23
After entering your script - now I see number of rss queues, receive side scaling and rss load balancing profile in the advanced settings in device manager. Its set to 4 and rss load balancing profile set to numastatic is this right?
I'm not sure if its working because the indirection table is empty though.

Image

Mainboard: Asus Prime H310M-E
CPU: I5 - 8400 @2.8 GHz 6 core
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
RAM: 16 GB 2800 Mhz
Windows 10 Pro 2H22
JimCarry wrote:
26 May 2024, 14:35
Unreazz wrote:
25 May 2024, 23:44
JimCarry wrote:
25 May 2024, 20:07
Unreazz wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:12


What do you mean ? you can just simply activate it via powershell command. there is no reg edit needed
do you even read what he type ? he dont even have it ?
i was not talking about him, i mean, what do you mean with "if rss works its day and night difference" why is it in your case then not activated ? or does it not working out for you ?
i give you example there is tweak in the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzEOUUmtzRY

at 5:28 you see you can change the msi limit for example mine max is 2048
i found my max with go GoInterruptPolicy.exe and after setting it to 2048 you see in msinfo32

my realtek going from one irq to 4 maybe because my realtek can make only 4 ? but after this tweak rss enabled makes huge diffrence i dont know how but in my case does.
Im gonna try that out, thanks

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 102
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 27 May 2024, 09:28

JimCarry wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:45
jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:09
can someone with RSS enabled share the result of: Get-NetAdapterRss

I forgot to mention this if there is here someone who know about this please tell me wich profile on rss i choose ?


Some say numa static is the best profile for rss,some say is conservative?
Attachments
rssproflie.GIF
rssproflie.GIF (373.76 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
profle.GIF
profle.GIF (98.14 KiB) Viewed 1132 times

jassine
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Jan 2024, 10:38

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by jassine » 27 May 2024, 13:23

JimCarry wrote:
27 May 2024, 09:28
I forgot to mention this if there is here someone who know about this please tell me wich profile on rss i choose ?


Some say numa static is the best profile for rss,some say is conservative?

i have no idea which one is better, im gonna test and let you know.

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 102
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 27 May 2024, 15:13

jassine wrote:
27 May 2024, 13:23
JimCarry wrote:
27 May 2024, 09:28
I forgot to mention this if there is here someone who know about this please tell me wich profile on rss i choose ?


Some say numa static is the best profile for rss,some say is conservative?

i have no idea which one is better, im gonna test and let you know.
ok thanks,can you test this thing that i show on the screen as well,so this is default on the picture but when you change msi limit to more then one in my case max is 4 ,when i change it to 4 i have from 1 "irq 4294967290 Realtek PCIe GbE Familly Controller"

to 4 irqs "irq 4294967290 Realtek PCIe GbE Familly Controller"

wich in theory is better but can you test it as well?
Attachments
test.GIF
test.GIF (90.59 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

jassine
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Jan 2024, 10:38

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by jassine » 28 May 2024, 13:46

JimCarry wrote:
27 May 2024, 15:13
ok thanks,can you test this thing that i show on the screen as well,so this is default on the picture but when you change msi limit to more then one in my case max is 4 ,when i change it to 4 i have from 1 "irq 4294967290 Realtek PCIe GbE Familly Controller"

to 4 irqs "irq 4294967290 Realtek PCIe GbE Familly Controller"

wich in theory is better but can you test it as well?
as u see in the image below, i have limit = 16, so i have 16 irqs, according to chatgpt this is how to get your best value :
For most gamers, starting with an MSI limit of 8 and adjusting to 16 as needed can strike the right balance between performance and stability. Always tailor the settings to your specific hardware and gaming requirements, and perform thorough testing to ensure the best possible gaming experience.
Capture d'écran 2024-05-28 191811.png
Capture d'écran 2024-05-28 191811.png (167.76 KiB) Viewed 721 times


and for RSS, these are my settings:
Using 2 queues with 2 cores: 12 and 14 and NUMAStatic as profile, till now, my gaming experience has changed, no more delay.


Capture d'écran 2024-05-28 194347.png
Capture d'écran 2024-05-28 194347.png (41.2 KiB) Viewed 721 times

Kyouki
Posts: 194
Joined: 20 Jul 2022, 04:52

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by Kyouki » 29 May 2024, 04:22

Personally, had tested with RSS for some while as well until I read somewhere it created more problems or doesn't work as well as it does and adds nothing to Gaming specifically.

I took it off, and it resolved some of the packetloss problems or issues I was experiencing.
Take it with a grain of salt and do experiment (which is why I wanted to follow this thread if I did something incorrectly)
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
OS: Fine tuned Windows 10 Pro, manual tuned.
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 102
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 29 May 2024, 12:49

jassine wrote:
28 May 2024, 13:46
JimCarry wrote:
27 May 2024, 15:13
ok thanks,can you test this thing that i show on the screen as well,so this is default on the picture but when you change msi limit to more then one in my case max is 4 ,when i change it to 4 i have from 1 "irq 4294967290 Realtek PCIe GbE Familly Controller"

to 4 irqs "irq 4294967290 Realtek PCIe GbE Familly Controller"

wich in theory is better but can you test it as well?
as u see in the image below, i have limit = 16, so i have 16 irqs, according to chatgpt this is how to get your best value :
For most gamers, starting with an MSI limit of 8 and adjusting to 16 as needed can strike the right balance between performance and stability. Always tailor the settings to your specific hardware and gaming requirements, and perform thorough testing to ensure the best possible gaming experience.
Capture d'écran 2024-05-28 191811.png


Capture d'écran 2024-05-28 194347.png
In my opionion this is not the right way to do it,first download "GoInterruptPolicy.exe" and then when you press twice on your net adapter
it will open the window on the screen i provide,when you hold the up arrow it will run untill its max,for example as you see my realtek goes to 2048 "limit" but my max limit is 4 so i will have maximum 4 irqs.

On your screenshot your "max limit is 32" wich is maximum 32 irqs but ,but the limit value can go above,so as you seen in my case maximum "limit" value is 2048,even tho in "msi_util" "max limit" is 4 ,so i think in your case lets say if you put your max limit value like i find it out threw "GoInterruptPolicy.exe" and it lets say in my case 2048>4 ,if the irqs move from to 32 it works but, i am not sure should me 2048 limit even tho it goes only to 4 irqs.
Attachments
untitled.GIF
untitled.GIF (112.1 KiB) Viewed 513 times

Post Reply