Possible solution input lag csgo

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Bloedboer

Possible solution input lag csgo

Post by Bloedboer » 10 Feb 2023, 06:56

For people desperate to fix csgo input lag especially on Faceit i recommend using process lasso to uncheck core 0 for the game and check only core 0 for Faceit cliënt and anticheat.

Also for people using a amd 6000 gpu to use moreclocktool to set a minimum core clock. 100mhz below highest boost. I did this before with the full install of amd gpu driver but it didn’t boost properly.

With moreclocktool you can use the minimal driver install and sustain a minimum clock on the gpu.

joseph_from_pilsen

Re: Possible solution input lag csgo

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 10 Feb 2023, 17:30

Not working, the lag is probably server sided (anticheat seems to not be the issue too - the lag is present even at new acc without AC enabled). I use process lasso and disabled both first physical cores for csgo and it lags only at faceit. The faceit input lag is due to their servers. Look at server var, it permanently microstutters and sv never goes below 5ms when people move and play. Then you also feel behind others because all clients are behind so all faceit games are extremelly peekers favoured and high ping favoured. Typical issue: aim is irresponsive, rubbery, sprays are wrong, tending to go too much off, and people do full running headshots every time like being desynced 100-200ms hard. Also very often microaim impossible, if you want to move a little, it does nothing and then it goes off rapidly. Mouse is mostly behaving like a joystick with dead zone.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 10 Feb 2023, 18:41

Bloedboer wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 06:56
For people desperate to fix csgo input lag especially on Faceit i recommend using process lasso to uncheck core 0 for the game and check only core 0 for Faceit cliënt and anticheat.

Also for people using a amd 6000 gpu to use moreclocktool to set a minimum core clock. 100mhz below highest boost. I did this before with the full install of amd gpu driver but it didn’t boost properly.

With moreclocktool you can use the minimal driver install and sustain a minimum clock on the gpu.
I like these ideas. Managing core 0 will help with processes competing for Input/Output resources and the GPU not underclocking is important for reliable response times. There are other apps fighting for Input/Output resources as well, such as dwm, Discord, web browsers, Steam, Epic.

Do we know these applications are safe to use with anticheat? Being detected as a 3rd-party software user could put you in with the hacks vs hacks players.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 10 Feb 2023, 23:15

this is a tricky subject indeed but regarding faceit, yes , its much laggier for me than normal mm or tdm but what i noticed before when i was doing windows reinstalls every day or two, first faceit game or two after windows reinstall, there is literally no lag at all despite few moments in the game, but everything was fast, spray, counter strafing , smooth, and i u sed to top frag everygame killing players with 600+ more elo than me with ease, ppl though i was using someone else accopunt etc. so there is faceit server lag but thats not the biggest isuee we have, we have electricity/power issue, we need to address this first.

kenj12345

Post by kenj12345 » 11 Feb 2023, 00:37

assombrosso wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 23:15
this is a tricky subject indeed but regarding faceit, yes , its much laggier for me than normal mm or tdm but what i noticed before when i was doing windows reinstalls every day or two, first faceit game or two after windows reinstall, there is literally no lag at all despite few moments in the game, but everything was fast, spray, counter strafing , smooth, and i u sed to top frag everygame killing players with 600+ more elo than me with ease, ppl though i was using someone else accopunt etc. so there is faceit server lag but thats not the biggest isuee we have, we have electricity/power issue, we need to address this first.
I have the same 2 games perfectly, after restarting cs go, everything becomes the same, sorry, I use Google translator

Bloedboer

Post by Bloedboer » 11 Feb 2023, 03:03

First two physical cores is not needed. Only core 0 cause this is the core most used by windows. There is also a post from team liquid on Twitter talking about exactly this program so it’s safe.

I do not use the Faceit cliënt but only the ac. There will be two processes active which i both than set to core 0 only. A lot of ppl complain on Reddit about the ac causing input lag. Did you put both the processes on core 0?

The moreclocktool is def safe aswell because you only have to launch it ones. Edit the minimum core clock and i disabled the zero fan mode aswell. I gained from 630 to 720 fps in the workshop benchmark. The 6000 series doesn’t boost properly when the game is cpu bound. Here’s a video from fr33thy talking about this subject: https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_contin ... e=emb_logo . Even tho i think most of his videos are not neccesary this one works exactly as it should. You can clearly see the gpu will not boost properly wich def will lead to input lag.

In a different Topic on this forum about nic’s i was interested in testing another nic. I bought the zyxel xgn100c. The interrupt moderation rate is defaulted to adaptive. I changed this to the lowest setting available but not to off. Setting this to off or higher values lead to getting ferarri peeked every time i see a enemie.

For me changing these settings make a clear difference. Hope that it could help other people.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 11 Feb 2023, 10:21

Bloedboer wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 06:56

Nederlander 🫡