Dedicated Internet Access

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ixa

Dedicated Internet Access

Post by ixa » 08 Sep 2023, 02:58

Hi there!

What are your opinions about DIA as an option to fix delays, out of sync, no time to react, etc. problems?
Better routing, low latency etc. Anyone tried it? I would like to, but since its a 2 years contract without the possibility of canceling it. It's being a hard decision, due to high price and only 20mbps.

Unreazz

Re: Dedicated Internet Access

Post by Unreazz » 08 Sep 2023, 04:43

Dont ! Its not working. Oldschool7 allready done this on 2 adresses and a dedicated line only means that you got you're own linecard which affects nothing.

Take youre money instead and try to move out to a location where this issue is not occure. The only way to change you're route is to move.

We figured out that all internet technique lines behaves the same, no matter if its cable, LTE or DSL. So we asume its probably the internet exchange node or something that has to much impact on the line. This could be also a congestion on the area since some people reported that they smooth gameplay in the mornings.

What ever you do, dont do this !

ixa

Post by ixa » 08 Sep 2023, 04:53

Unreazz wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 04:43
Dont ! Its not working. Oldschool7 allready done this on 2 adresses and a dedicated line only means that you got you're own linecard which affects nothing.

Take youre money instead and try to move out to a location where this issue is not occure. The only way to change you're route is to move.

We figured out that all internet technique lines behaves the same, no matter if its cable, LTE or DSL. So we asume its probably the internet exchange node or something that has to much impact on the line. This could be also a congestion on the area since some people reported that they smooth gameplay in the mornings.

Ey ! thanks for your reply, is there a post he published or something to see more info? also, I never have any moment in the day with a good experience, it's always bad. Moving out it is not an option sadly.
I've tried couple ISP's, all fiber.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 08 Sep 2023, 05:13

ixa wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 04:53
Unreazz wrote:

Ey ! thanks for your reply, is there a post he published or something to see more info? also, I never have any moment in the day with a good experience, it's always bad. Moving out it is not an option sadly.
no sadly not. he never shared his expierences online besides on some german websites and we suffering from it too. on my old location a VPN or a line reset fixed it for a couple of days with a static IP adresse. i dont know if its necessary but VPN worked out on my cable line and from one day to the other its not helped anymore. maybe because the ISP got bought from a biger one and they changed probably something on the route, idk. on DSL only a line reset helped for 2 or 3 days and thats only when a technican come before and changed my port.

this are the only 2 things which changed something. i never had luck with other technique lines and suffering like you 24/7 about this. if you can't move out, than you basically f***. you can also try to get starlink but as far as i heared from other expierences, its not better. or you wait that something changes byself over the time. but this could also be 20 years later .... so either you quit gaming or move

ixa

Post by ixa » 08 Sep 2023, 06:00

Unreazz wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 05:13
ixa wrote:
Unreazz wrote:

no sadly not. he never shared his expierences online besides on some german websites and we suffering from it too. on my old location a VPN or a line reset fixed it for a couple of days with a static IP adresse. i dont know if its necessary but VPN worked out on my cable line and from one day to the other its not helped anymore. maybe because the ISP got bought from a biger one and they changed probably something on the route, idk. on DSL only a line reset helped for 2 or 3 days and thats only when a technican come before and changed my port.

this are the only 2 things which changed something. i never had luck with other technique lines and suffering like you 24/7 about this. if you can't move out, than you basically f***. you can also try to get starlink but as far as i heared from other expierences, its not better. or you wait that something changes byself over the time. but this could also be 20 years later .... so either you quit gaming or move
You think CGNAT, could be a problem?

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 10 Sep 2023, 04:00

ixa wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 06:00
Unreazz wrote:
ixa wrote:
Unreazz wrote:

Noo. i have some friend who plays on CGNAT and they don't suffer from it

ixa

Post by ixa » 10 Sep 2023, 13:50

Unreazz wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 04:00
ixa wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 06:00
Unreazz wrote:
ixa wrote:

Noo. i have some friend who plays on CGNAT and they don't suffer from it
I am really sad, I can't play at my level, it's frustrating me so badly. I need to quit this shit, you can have the best pc, 144hz and everything you want but a random guy with 60hz and best internet will kill you more ez.
Can't figure it out, the fact that i can't react to ppl

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 10 Sep 2023, 20:35

ixa wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 13:50

I am really sad, I can't play at my level, it's frustrating me so badly. I need to quit this shit, you can have the best pc, 144hz and everything you want but a random guy with 60hz and best internet will kill you more ez.
I suspect your NIC is the issue. You could try an external NIC or a wifi connection as a test to see if it makes a difference.

Some things that can help NIC performance:
Disable power saving and additional advanced options
Disable networking software
Using default MS drivers
Switching MSI/LineBased mode

ixa

Post by ixa » 10 Sep 2023, 21:14

imprecise wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 20:35
ixa wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 13:50

I suspect your NIC is the issue. You could try an external NIC or a wifi connection as a test to see if it makes a difference.

Some things that can help NIC performance:
Disable power saving and additional advanced options
Disable networking software
Using default MS drivers
Switching MSI/LineBased mode
Ey there! why do you suspect is my NIC? I've tried million different things related to software modifications and tweaks.
Nothing worked, I had some exceptions that didn't last long. I truly tried every known and maybe not that known tweak.
Also tried your OS optimization haha.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 10 Sep 2023, 21:24

ixa wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 21:14
Ey there! why do you suspect is my NIC? I've tried million different things related to software modifications and tweaks.
Nothing worked, I had some exceptions that didn't last long. I truly tried every known and maybe not that known tweak.
Also tried your OS optimization haha.
You said:
"fix delays, out of sync, no time to react, etc. problems?"

In my experience, the NIC was causing these types of issues. When my NIC was in MSI mode, opponents always had about 200ms advantage and could shoot anywhere near my character and score interpolated hits.