Minor window stutter when moving windows around

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Randomizer23

Minor window stutter when moving windows around

Post by Randomizer23 » 25 Mar 2024, 19:04

This only occurs when I have my second monitor connected, they are both 144hz, main monitor is 1440p, second is 1080p. If I have chrome open for example, and make the window small, and drag it around my home screen in circles I notice there is some hitching and micro stuttering when I do that.

After I disconnected my second monitor, its all gone, the hitching stuttering all gone, its completely smooth at 144hz. Not sure whats causing that or if theres a workaround, AFAIK its always been like that, just decided to address it now. 10900K and a 3090.

On a second note, I found this thread: viewtopic.php?t=6097#
As suggested by "Chief Blur Buster" I ran the UFO Frame time test to see that there are spikes when using the balanced power plan and the graph looks flat when using high performance, these seem to be unrelated as the window also has very slight microstutter even in high performance mode. How can I get this graph flat while keeping my CPUs ability to downclock? What about the original issue of the window having microstutter when moving it around with my second display connected?