List of 240Hz OLEDs

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
Clear Motion Seeker

Re: List of 240Hz OLEDs

Post by Clear Motion Seeker » 18 Aug 2023, 13:14

jorimt wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 11:41
Motion clarity nuts need to remember real eyes experience motion blur too, we just don't want any added on top of it by the display, same goes for latency; the ultimate goal with any external peripheral is for the human body to become the only bottleneck, which "ain't even close to perfect" either.
Surely, it's always a good thing to remind some elementary things, even though they appear obvious to everyone.

The most basic example would be the hand one. Shaking it rapidly gives the impression that they have become two.
In the same way, it's impossible to see the blades of a helicopter when they're spinning.

The feeling of speed is often achieved by adding a lot of details that become blurry on sides. Usually, we appreciate this kind of blur because it's very faithful to reality.
Also, the depth-of-field effect in game simulates the human retina.

But in reality, our view doesn't become blurry just by moving our head around.

blurfreeCRTGimp

Post by blurfreeCRTGimp » 23 Aug 2023, 14:32

Hey chief, I'm loving what I am seeing with HDR headroom used for injected BFI on the Tink. Are you looking into implementing your rolling scan idea via the tink?

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 05 Oct 2023, 09:30

Very exciting!!! The rise of oled monitors just begun.
desktop-monitors-announcements-or-releases.png
desktop-monitors-announcements-or-releases.png (13.08 KiB) Viewed 10023 times
*displayspecifications.com is limited to 60 samples per search
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Oct 2023, 21:47

blurfreeCRTGimp wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 14:32
Hey chief, I'm loving what I am seeing with HDR headroom used for injected BFI on the Tink. Are you looking into implementing your rolling scan idea via the tink?
In theory, CRT simulator algorithms (rolling BFI) is possible with an external box, though ABL/APL and nonlinear HDR behaviors will create major problems in the short term.

However, incubating the algorithms via an external box (simply relying on sheer Hz) is much easier than convincing a display manufacturer to modify their firmwares;

Right now, a CRT simulator algorithm will be incubated in a TestUFO test before an external box like the Retrotink;
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Dec 2023, 12:28

blurfreeCRTGimp wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 14:32
;)

That's all I am gonna say about it. I can't yet say which product, nor if it's Retrotink, nor if it's a future Retrotink.

Guidelines For Future Realtime CRT Beam Spot Simulators:
- Remember to get your 360Hz+ OLED ready, if you decide to dabble in this upcoming algorithm.
- Sub-360-Hz and Above-0-GtG need not apply for CRT beam simulators. Almost not worth it on LCD, at least until a 480Hz MiniLED FALD with extreme HDR booster.
- Realtime software-based CRT beam simulator a is a 240Hz "barely usable" minimum, 360Hz "it begins to actually look good", etc.

Note: Retrotink 4K supports 720p 360Hz, so it's not excluded from the possibility.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Dec 2023, 12:45

Discorz wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 09:30
Very exciting!!! The rise of oled monitors just begun.
desktop-monitors-announcements-or-releases.png
*displayspecifications.com is limited to 60 samples per search
I agree.

I've got a lot of OLED computer monitors here of several different brands, and it's OLEDs' time to shine.

360 Hz and 480 Hz are going to come in the next year and two.

After a long time of OLED never coming, it's finally here.

- TN launched in 2009 and high Hz stayed TN for years
- OLED launched strong, you can't get desktop OLED for under 240Hz, you can't get desktop OLED without HDR
- WOLED (not AMOLED like phones) now outlasts some LCDs in longevity (RTINGS LCD Degradation, new November 2023), so the OLED burnin chickenlittling can bleepinging stop. I Visual Studio 70h/week on my 1.5 year old prototype Corsair Xeneon Flex DVT, and no burnin.

LCD is lovely too for their uses, but the Desktop OLED is here to stay as a superlative strobe-free option in this refresh rate race. By the time 480Hz OLEDs come out, they will have less motion blur than LightBoost strobing -- but without needing PWM strobe. Newer strobe backlights are 1ms, but yesteryear was 2.4ms MPRT in LightBoost, more persistence than a single refresh cycle of a 480 Hz OLED.

So, we have a burgeoning Ergonomic FlickerFree motion blur reduction era, assisted by frame gen technologies. Obviously we still need strobe/BFI for retro stuff if we don't want to framegen/reproject/interpolate/whatever the low-framerate materials. And when we want the clearest strobe (e.g. XG2431 + QFT).

tong

Post by tong » 10 Jan 2024, 16:32

So apparently ASUS models will feature ELMB/BFI on OLEDs... but only at 120hz on their 240hz displays..
What exactly is stopping them from using BFI at 60hz? Rolling scan wouldnt even be needed.

deama

Post by deama » 28 Jan 2024, 15:55

Damnit, why isn't anyone making non-ultrawide 48+ inch OLEDS @240hz+!

Simo

Post by Simo » 17 Mar 2024, 08:22

tong wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 16:32
So apparently ASUS models will feature ELMB/BFI on OLEDs... but only at 120hz on their 240hz displays..
What exactly is stopping them from using BFI at 60hz? Rolling scan wouldnt even be needed.
Where did you get this info from? I've been really on the edge on getting the PG27AQDM and if it would have BFI as a firmware update I would pull the trigger immediately.

tong

Post by tong » 25 Mar 2024, 18:28

Simo wrote:
17 Mar 2024, 08:22
tong wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 16:32
Where did you get this info from? I've been really on the edge on getting the PG27AQDM and if it would have BFI as a firmware update I would pull the trigger immediately.
Asus often implement ELMB on their monitors as a selling point to set them apart from other brands:
https://youtu.be/qywLwR7KT9M?t=785

Wouldnt hold your breathe for ELMB on these older models though.