Curved monitor capable of ULMB AND GSYNC at same time?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Locane

Curved monitor capable of ULMB AND GSYNC at same time?

Post by Locane » 14 Mar 2022, 03:46

Hey guys, hope this topic is ok to add.

I'm looking for a curved monitor that can do ULMB AND GSYNC at the same time - I've clicked through the BB monitor list recommendations, but I realized that even if I did find one that does both ULMB and GSYNC; there's no guarantee it does both at the same time. My current AOC monitor is an either-or deal.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Discorz
VIP Member

Re: Curved monitor capable of ULMB AND GSYNC at same time?

Post by Discorz » 14 Mar 2022, 04:14

Locane wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 03:46
ULMB is nvidia tuned blur reduction and there is no ULMB-SYNC monitors at this point in time. Some Asus, Gigabyte and MSI monitors in the other hand do support it. Asus calls it ELMB-SYNC, Gigabyte Aim Stabilizer Sync, MSI MPRT Sync. See the list here. BUT all the implementations done so far are not good therefore not beneficial. Only one that is expected to be good is EVE Spectrum (Blur Busters tuned) and it is not available yet. Firmaware update is still on hold.

I guess you could use some of the existing implementations if your frame rate will fluctuate very little, but still I wouldn't recommend it. We're basically stuck with either VRR only or strobing only.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

Locane

Post by Locane » 14 Mar 2022, 11:32

Discorz wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 04:14
Locane wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 03:46
ULMB is nvidia tuned blur reduction and there is no ULMB-SYNC monitors at this point in time. Some Asus, Gigabyte and MSI monitors in the other hand do support it. Asus calls it ELMB-SYNC, Gigabyte Aim Stabilizer Sync, MSI MPRT Sync. See the list here. BUT all the implementations done so far are not good therefore not beneficial. Only one that is expected to be good is EVE Spectrum (Blur Busters tuned) and it is not available yet. Firmaware update is still on hold.

I guess you could use some of the existing implementations if your frame rate will fluctuate very little, but still I wouldn't recommend it. We're basically stuck with either VRR only or strobing only.
I really appreciate your reply.

I'm still a little confused though - it seems like you're saying there are no monitors that support, specifically, Nvidia's g-sync technology AND some kind of backlight strobing implementation?

If that's the case; are there any that support any kind of VRR tech and backlight strobing that will work with an nvidia video card?

I don't particularly care what the tech is called or who implements it; as long as I can get both at the same time.

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 14 Mar 2022, 14:52

Locane wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 11:32
Backlight strobing = motion blur reduction = ULMB (from nvidia) = ELMB (from asus) = DyAc (from zowie)... They are all the same thing, each manufacturer just names it differently. Variable refresh rate = adaptive sync = gsync = gsync compatible = freesync, same thing here.

What I understood is you're looking for monitor that can have ULMB and Variable Refresh Rate enabled simultaneously? Or did you mean you need those two features in general, to use them separately? On most monitors these two can not be enabled at the same time. Only listed ones I gave you can (but implementations are not good).

It will work on all video cards. Only nvidia blocks AMD cards from using their ULMB for no good reason.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup