Thats good to know. I bought the Gigabyte MO27Q28G. But like I said, I have the feeling my right eyelid (which is the one causing problems) is like over sensitive. I still think it also still might be from the screen size or something. Looking for a 24,5 inch monitor now cause there are some YAG options here since there are no 27 inch options (besides the Pulsar which is a waste of money cause I have 9070xt).
AOC AG256FS or Samsung Odyssey G4 as a cheaper option, although im not sure theyre both YAG.
I try these for 30 days first though... then give my eyes some rest and then ill try another option.
Gaming monitors and upgrade from 24 inch to 27 give eyestrain
-
Abrikoos
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 24 Aug 2026, 14:48
- kyube
- Posts: 1020
- Joined: 29 Jan 2018, 12:03
Re: Gaming monitors and upgrade from 24 inch to 27 give eyestrain
Both of those are 24" FHD KSF panels. Refer to my list for YAG or QD options.
evaluating xhci controller performance | audio latency discussion thread | "Why is LatencyMon not desirable to objectively measure DPC/ISR driver performance" | AM4 / AM5 system tuning considerations | latency-oriented HW considerations | “xhci hand-off” setting considerations | #1 tip for electricity-related topics | ESPORTS: Latency Perception, Temporal Ventriloquism & Horizon of Simultaneity | good lcd backlight strobing implementation list | display vs gpu scaling
-
Abrikoos
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 24 Aug 2026, 14:48
Re: Gaming monitors and upgrade from 24 inch to 27 give eyestrain
That's too bad. I'll stick to the list. I saw you added the ASRock Phantom Gaming PG27QFW2A as well to YAG. However it has high srgb and DCI P3. So I'll skip it for now. I'll update you once I have an update. Thanks a lot for the help so far ! 
- kyube
- Posts: 1020
- Joined: 29 Jan 2018, 12:03
Re: Gaming monitors and upgrade from 24 inch to 27 give eyestrain
That one I'm unsure of. I want to say it's QD based on the data, but I cannot tell for certain.
If you tell me which specific region you're from (NA/EU), I can give you concrete links to models.
The Pulsar panels are rare QHD +240Hz YAG based models.
Btw, with "the list", I've meant this write-up
evaluating xhci controller performance | audio latency discussion thread | "Why is LatencyMon not desirable to objectively measure DPC/ISR driver performance" | AM4 / AM5 system tuning considerations | latency-oriented HW considerations | “xhci hand-off” setting considerations | #1 tip for electricity-related topics | ESPORTS: Latency Perception, Temporal Ventriloquism & Horizon of Simultaneity | good lcd backlight strobing implementation list | display vs gpu scaling
-
Abrikoos
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 24 Aug 2026, 14:48
Re: Gaming monitors and upgrade from 24 inch to 27 give eyestrain
I'm from the Netherlands. And thanks. I didn't see you updated that list. The rentry list I picked the XG259QNS, but based on the specs I think it's also QD. (Wide color gamut). I prefer IPS over TN since I also wanna use it for work. So I'm trying to avoid TN but I think I'll end up with TN if it keeps going like this
. Current TN monitor I have the colors don't bother me that much so maybe it'll be fine after all.
- kyube
- Posts: 1020
- Joined: 29 Jan 2018, 12:03
Re: Gaming monitors and upgrade from 24 inch to 27 give eyestrain
It's likely a YAG backlight (narrow color gamut)Abrikoos wrote: ↑14 Sep 2026, 06:57I'm from the Netherlands. And thanks. I didn't see you updated that list. The rentry list I picked the XG259QNS, but based on the specs I think it's also QD. (Wide color gamut). I prefer IPS over TN since I also wanna use it for work. So I'm trying to avoid TN but I think I'll end up with TN if it keeps going like this. Current TN monitor I have the colors don't bother me that much so maybe it'll be fine after all.
evaluating xhci controller performance | audio latency discussion thread | "Why is LatencyMon not desirable to objectively measure DPC/ISR driver performance" | AM4 / AM5 system tuning considerations | latency-oriented HW considerations | “xhci hand-off” setting considerations | #1 tip for electricity-related topics | ESPORTS: Latency Perception, Temporal Ventriloquism & Horizon of Simultaneity | good lcd backlight strobing implementation list | display vs gpu scaling
-
Cosmostraveler
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 25 Jan 2026, 07:55
Re: Gaming monitors and upgrade from 24 inch to 27 give eyestrain
Here are my 2 recommendations:Abrikoos wrote: ↑13 Sep 2026, 04:13So I bought the Oled and it triggered again my eyestrain.. possibly due to just bright colours or something. I have the feeling my eyes are over sensitive right now, so I need to take a break and try in a week or so again with both monitors. I will also consult my eye doctor again 25th to see if he knows what it might be (probably not, but worth a try). I'll keep you updated.
1. Since you checked with eye doctors, the only thing left to try is anti blue light glasses. You can find them very cheap nowadays, so should be an inexpensive investment, or ask your friends/family to borrow it for 30 mins or 1 hour.
2. I recently upgraded from 24" to 27" and at first I couldn't keep track on what is going on on my screen to a point where it slowed me down, literally. Usual distance was a bit more then my whole arm to the screen. With the 27", I had to place it a bit further, and then everything was ok, I could efficiently use the screen. I know this might not 100% correlate to your problem, but worth a try.
