Chief Blur Buster wrote:Thanks for the feedback. It's a shame that I can't do overdrive fine-tuning on these monitors.
Well the OD Gain setting is the fine tuning.
I did some googling long ago about what "OD Gain" is, and there were supposedly two "values" used for overdrive, one was "gain" and another was some other term, but I can't remember the term. I did post it on your forums LONG LONG ago however. Basically the monitor OSD with the overdrive settings uses one of the two terms, while OD Gain is a "gain" on that value.
If a monitor has a good overdrive balance, you can use OD Gain to remove all inverse ghosting and then all you will have left is strobe crosstalk (from blur reduction).
Remember OD Gain functions with blur reduction off as well.
The old Z series Mstar based Benq monitors that didn't have this setting still had access to it indirectly, if blur reduction was enabled, by changing AMA to high (highlighting AMA high after enabling blur reduction, but without moving it to off or premium, just move it to high even if its already on high), which would greatly reduce the amount of inverse ghosting. (this required V3 firmware or newer). Then you could use a profile bug to apply this to blur reduction off by using a S-switch preset. (it was impossible to apply this to blur reduction disabled, without first enabling it).
It's nice that Benq kept this "feature" intact on their newest monitors, and I appreciate that, but I do not appreciate there being no 60hz - 85hz single strobe anymore.
Chief have you tried to reach out to Benq about if they can include this option again? Your site has become a lot more famous than before, surely someone at Benq would listen now?