Received Broken Screens

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
clarkjohnken

Received Broken Screens

Post by clarkjohnken » 12 Mar 2020, 03:42

Hello, we ordered 15 screens for our summer cyber program and when we opened them 3 of the screens had broken corners. The boxes they came in were visibly damaged like one of the corners had been dropped. Everything else works but these screens were meant to be earned by the students through completing tasks. I do not want to send them home with broken screens. Can you please assist. Thank you.

I can provide pictures of the packaging and broken screens if you need.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Received Broken Screens

Post by RealNC » 12 Mar 2020, 08:51

Assist with what? How to RMA and send the broken screens back?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Received Broken Screens

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Mar 2020, 17:23

clarkjohnken wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 03:42
Hello, we ordered 15 screens for our summer cyber program and when we opened them 3 of the screens had broken corners. The boxes they came in were visibly damaged like one of the corners had been dropped. Everything else works but these screens were meant to be earned by the students through completing tasks. I do not want to send them home with broken screens. Can you please assist. Thank you.

I can provide pictures of the packaging and broken screens if you need.
There's no way to fix broken screens for free except to return them to the factory (RMA) or a shipping claim.

Theoretically you could cosmetically patch the screen, but at this stage you have to do this
(A) Shipping damage claim with your courier; or
(B) Spend money to ship them back to factory to get them replaced; or
(C) Award 3 broken screens as consolation prizes; or
(D) Send these 3 broken screens to arts class to get decorated (arts & craft, glue objects all over the cases and bezels) to hide-up the broken corners; or
(E) Reduce the award to only 12 screens out of 15.

This topic is not usual Blur Busters speciality, so we've moved this thread to the Off Topic Lounge. But hopefully my suggestions have given you some clever ideas to resurrect the situation.

My vote would be (D). Buy a big bag of arts & crafts plastic jewels, send these broken monitors to the arts classroom (or your kids), along with an epoxy gun or glue gun, tell them to decorate the bezels and all, to bling them up (just keep glue away from the screen, temporarily put low-tack masking tape around the edges of the glass screen). Now you've got 3 custom modded "bling" monitors that hides the broken corners by being gem-encrusted! They could be Gold, SIlver, Bronze, for first place finishers. Or they could be Bonus Prizes (Hot Pink Gems, Glitter Baby Blue, and Hippo Purple Sparkle). These monitors are a write-off anyway, correct? Might as well turn lemons into lemonade. Use your imagination!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!