Input lag in CSGO

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
eskezje

Input lag in CSGO

Post by eskezje » 08 Mar 2021, 17:25

Hi, my name is Eske, i've been playing csgo for 5k hours now, and i've had this problem for a few months now, i couldnt find any anwers anywhere else. I am currently lvl 10 faceit, but i feel like it's dragging my performance down, by a lot. Hope some of u guys are able to help me. (I've tried to reinstall windows at least +20 times, and a lot of other things)

I currently have 7 mice, it's the same problem with all for them.

Specs:
i7-7700k
GTX 1070
32 GB 2300 MHz RAM
240GB SSD
1TB HDD
Asus b450m-a
Corsair CX 550

ZOWIE XL2546 240Hz

Please tell me if you need any more info.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day :D

empleat

Re: Input lag in CSGO

Post by empleat » 08 Mar 2021, 20:39

What problem? You didn't say.

You need to describe more than this, so people can help you!

You can check my input lag guide if you want: https://www.tenforums.com/gaming/117377 ... ost1454596

First what I see is: you have no SSD. I had stuttering all time, when playing CS GO on HDD, it was maxed on 100% and it was 7200 RPM!

Also 2300mhz RAM? What kind of gimmick is that?

ffs_

Post by ffs_ » 09 Mar 2021, 00:03

empleat wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 20:39
What problem?
It's in the thread's title: "Input lag".
empleat wrote:
First what I see is: you have no SSD.
eskezje wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 17:25
240GB SSD
:roll:
empleat wrote:
He probably means 2400 mhz which is default memory speed for 7700k as far as I remember.

eskezje

Post by eskezje » 09 Mar 2021, 04:18

Im verry sorry for the poor explanation, but it feels like my CS:GO feels very sluggish. I have an SSD with around 240GB, and my ram speed is 2400MHz

empleat

Post by empleat » 09 Mar 2021, 09:58

ffs_ wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 00:03
empleat wrote:
What problem?
It's in the thread's title: "Input lag".
empleat wrote:
First what I see is: you have no SSD.
eskezje wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 17:25
240GB SSD
:roll:
empleat wrote:
He probably means 2400 mhz which is default memory speed for 7700k as far as I remember.
Yeah I read that... But I missed SSD. Still it doesn't say much, input lag and sluggish can be only trillion things...

So game is on SSD I suppose? What about page file?

When exactly issue occurred?

Check your FPS and frame time first. There should be some net_graph 1 in game, not sure if there is too for frame time. I don't know how to measure CPU frame time, if game doesn't have tool for it. RTSS can measure only GPU frame time, but CPU frame time is more important!

I suppose V-Sync is off?
Also do you use multi-core rendering?
Do you use raw_input ?
Also did you consider downgrading drivers, NV drivers are shit now. You don't need newest on CS GO!
Also in CS GO input lag is tied to FPS, so I recommend to un-cap FPS.
Play on lowest, game optimization is terrible!
In NVCP make sure under low latency mode On is checked, instead of Ultra.
Use prefer maximum perf.
And under scalling check: perform on display (if you have this ioption), no scalling and override application setting!

I would recommend you to check especially 3.BIOS and 4.1 Power Management section in my guide. But need to know more!

Also I would recommend 3D mark to benchmark your PC, could be HW. Since you reinstalled! Download HWINFO, check sensors only at start. And then click on paper icon, which says logging. Run 3D Mark, then stop logging and send log. 3D Mark is free - firestrike only.

eskezje

Post by eskezje » 09 Mar 2021, 10:16

I have an avg. of 500 fps
It started to occur around 4-5 months ago, it was working recently, then i turned my pc off, then it was the same again.
I suppose V-Sync is off? It is off
Also do you use multi-core rendering? It's turned on
Do you use raw_input ? Yes
Also in CS GO input lag is tied to FPS, so I recommend to un-cap FPS. It's uncapped
Play on lowest, game optimization is terrible! It is 4:3 lowest settings
In NVCP make sure under low latency mode On is checked, instead of Ultra. It's on, instead of Ultra
Use prefer maximum perf. Could you detail this some more, dont know what you mean
And under scalling check: perform on display, no scalling and override application setting! It is on display

And i've already optimized my BIOS settings

I'll take the test now, and send it.

empleat

Post by empleat » 09 Mar 2021, 12:26

eskezje wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 10:16
I have an avg. of 500 fps
It started to occur around 4-5 months ago, it was working recently, then i turned my pc off, then it was the same again.
I suppose V-Sync is off? It is off
Also do you use multi-core rendering? It's turned on
Do you use raw_input ? Yes
Also in CS GO input lag is tied to FPS, so I recommend to un-cap FPS. It's uncapped
Play on lowest, game optimization is terrible! It is 4:3 lowest settings
In NVCP make sure under low latency mode On is checked, instead of Ultra. It's on, instead of Ultra
Use prefer maximum perf. Could you detail this some more, dont know what you mean
And under scalling check: perform on display, no scalling and override application setting! It is on display

And i've already optimized my BIOS settings

I'll take the test now, and send it.
Just so you know raw_input in CS GO also activates smoothing (cause not 1:1 mouse movement)
Under Power Management Mode: choose prefer maximum performance, this will keep GPU clocked at high frequency.
BTW if you use 4:3, don't change m_yaw to 0.0165. It will make mouse feel to move at similar speed on axes, but it is not actually 1:1 mouse movement ratio!!!

Your setting looks good, it is strange, that it was fine one time. Then you turn on PC and same issue again.

Did you do 3D Mark, something could be wrong. And log with HWINFO, in case something is wrong with your hardware.
I would try memtest perhaps, at least 8 runs.

Did you heard about EMI issues, maybe worth to check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8037

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL I had high frame times in BF1 and low fps. Putting scaling on GPU gave me +50 average fps and my frame times are now near to perfect. Try switching scaling to GPU!

Doesn't look like that's is your issue, but GPU scaling is better and more consistent, even it adds slightly input lag.