The OSD is the same, panel performance looks the same, same stand/materials.
The Aopen seems to be identical to the Acer Nitro except for the fact that VRB is Acer trademark for strobing tech so it's called TVR on the Aopen.
The OSD is the same, panel performance looks the same, same stand/materials.
I know this post is old but I have an XV252Q and I'm curious to know your process for setting custom vertical totals? I'd like to mimic your best 240hz strobe settings that you used for this monitoraxaro1 wrote: ↑16 Jun 2022, 04:03Are you strobing at 390hz with sub 200 fps? If that's the case not using VRB will achieve much better results.tayzedd wrote: ↑15 Jun 2022, 10:34I’ve been using the monitor for a couple weeks now and to be honest I’m somewhat disappointed. With the strobing on extreme it’s very dim. I kind of wish I had gone with a Zowie XL2546K or the viewsonic xg2431. I thought my 11900k and 3070 would get me enough frames in csgo on 1080p to make the monitor worthwhile but I usually can’t hit over upper 200’s unless I’m in 4:3.
Maybe I just need to give it some more time and try the strobing extreme more and get used to it. and maybe try to find one of these 3rd party brightness programs. can anyone recommend one? I already keep the ingame brightness maxed out.
I would personally avoid 390hz strobing if I can't achieve 300+ fps, in the few games where I can hit 390fps consistently it surely provides a great gaming experience.
In games where I can achieve 200~300 fps I just create a custom resolution at 240hz with 1950VT, 11/13 Crosstalk Test lines show no visible crosstalk, ufotests look like this: https://i.imgur.com/PHPjant.jpg
Both the XG2431 and 2546K are great monitors, the XG2431 with Color Profile set to Native + Ultra Fast OD can achieve non-gamma corrected Total Response times in the 4.0ms range which paired with strobing should be able to match or even beat the 2546K (+ it should have less crosstalk), it also costs less. If you are considering either one of these two monitors I'd go with the Viewsonic.
I didn't try the XG2431 so I can't make any first hand comparison but I do prefer the Acer at 240hz with 1950VT compared to the Benq at the same refresh rate (also with tweaked Vertical Totals https://i.imgur.com/GAwdyS0.png), the Zowie is still slightly better in terms of clarity but the Acer is a step ahead in terms of crosstalk, overdrive artifacts and it feels more responsive (which is to be expected with -150hz of headroom to tweak QFT).
First of all, set your refresh rate to a value different from 240hz or you will not be able to create a custom resolution at the same refresh rate that you are using
Forum Rules wrote: 1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!
I don't get your post completely. So you are saying monitor freesync on nvcp off is better right? Or is there other ways to achieve 390hz od extreme with less overshooties. I am on aopen 390 od normal vrb offit is indeed possible to run slower OD Normal/OD Extreme, which can also be paired with VRB, this is useful to make custom 240hz resolution run with OD Normal with less overshoot and to run 390hz OD Extreme with less overshoot.
It depends.
I don't know how you are managing to see motion artifacts with what I assume is a stationary crosshair.
cool got it. I will keep on it for a week or two and see if i can adjust.
This trick also reduces 240hz overshoot (because OD Normal with Freesync ON scales with slightly slower response times in the entire refresh rate range)
I have no idea either when everybody else are just dandy with their od/vrb extreme combo like they are kings.I don't know how you are managing to see motion artifacts with what I assume is a stationary crosshair.