I found the issue and a fix for my input lag but is not a worth fix so I need help

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Smokq

Re: I found the issue and a fix for my input lag but is not a worth fix so I need help

Post by Smokq » 18 Dec 2022, 04:19

imprecise wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 18:54
Smokq wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 23:54
imprecise wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 21:35
Can you share a screenshot of your network settings?

example:
download/file.php?id=2990
I would send a pic of it, but I tried so many versions of LAN drivers, I tried with default settings and also with the settings in the screenshot you have sent, I dont think its because of the settings, it has to be drivers, my motherboard or my network card, but its so weird because I have the same issue with 2 different motherboards "msi x470 gaming plus" and "Asus prime b450-plus" I know both of them are not the best for gaming, but should I have this issues with desync, and mouse feeling? I noticed that my mouse issue gets fixed while using mobile data but it only works when the cable of my phone is not connected to my motherboard usb, because when it is plugged in to my motherboard the lag is still there, but when is plugged to the frontal usbs everything its fine, not 0 input but 100% better, I guess is not perfect because I cant ask much from playing with mobile data xd, so I dont know I tried everything, I dont know what more I can try, and I dont have money for a new motherboard, I dont even know if that would fix my issue, I just know that everything started in my old house with that shit electricity that made 3 of my psus explode xdd, im still woried that the gpu/rams or my battery bios is fucked from that explosion in my old pc (I use that 3 components on my new pc)
You had 3 PSUs explode? I wouldn't trust anything from that computer any longer. GPU and/or RAM is likely messed up. Are you able to swap these out for known good components and test?

The battery is probably fine but it would be really cheap to replace.
Yeah xD, I mean only the first psu literally made an explosion, it was like a flashbang xD, then it turned off my pc and didnt turn on again, so I had to change psu, then the second one died over time, and then I got the new pc with a different psu and it didnt die but when I was opening a game my pc shuts down instantly under "pressure", so I had to buy a new one 2 weeks ago and I dont have more problems, the psus are good btw, is not like im buying shitty psus, now im on my new house so I dont think my psu its gonna die again, I think it was because of a bad electricity, I remember when I plugged things into the power in that house, sparks of light would come out, but anyways if that fucked my components why it doesnt show any issues in programs when I test ram, gpu etc? I dont know everything looks fine, but I have input lag and I cant proof it, thats the worst part, and btw I changed the battery 1 day ago, it feels the same no difference at all

And nope, im not able to change my gpu or my rams, thats a lot of money and I dont have that much, im gonna buy a new motherboard next month tho, I will buy this one: "Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING"
I dont even know if this will fix anything, thats why im so sad, because I dont want to waste money on random things, but what can I do man ):

imprecise

Re: I found the issue and a fix for my input lag but is not a worth fix so I need help

Post by imprecise » 18 Dec 2022, 19:41

Smokq wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 04:19
imprecise wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 18:54
Smokq wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 23:54
imprecise wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 21:35
Can you share a screenshot of your network settings?

example:
download/file.php?id=2990
I would send a pic of it, but I tried so many versions of LAN drivers, I tried with default settings and also with the settings in the screenshot you have sent, I dont think its because of the settings, it has to be drivers, my motherboard or my network card, but its so weird because I have the same issue with 2 different motherboards "msi x470 gaming plus" and "Asus prime b450-plus" I know both of them are not the best for gaming, but should I have this issues with desync, and mouse feeling? I noticed that my mouse issue gets fixed while using mobile data but it only works when the cable of my phone is not connected to my motherboard usb, because when it is plugged in to my motherboard the lag is still there, but when is plugged to the frontal usbs everything its fine, not 0 input but 100% better, I guess is not perfect because I cant ask much from playing with mobile data xd, so I dont know I tried everything, I dont know what more I can try, and I dont have money for a new motherboard, I dont even know if that would fix my issue, I just know that everything started in my old house with that shit electricity that made 3 of my psus explode xdd, im still woried that the gpu/rams or my battery bios is fucked from that explosion in my old pc (I use that 3 components on my new pc)
You had 3 PSUs explode? I wouldn't trust anything from that computer any longer. GPU and/or RAM is likely messed up. Are you able to swap these out for known good components and test?

The battery is probably fine but it would be really cheap to replace.
Yeah xD, I mean only the first psu literally made an explosion, it was like a flashbang xD, then it turned off my pc and didnt turn on again, so I had to change psu, then the second one died over time, and then I got the new pc with a different psu and it didnt die but when I was opening a game my pc shuts down instantly under "pressure", so I had to buy a new one 2 weeks ago and I dont have more problems, the psus are good btw, is not like im buying shitty psus, now im on my new house so I dont think my psu its gonna die again, I think it was because of a bad electricity, I remember when I plugged things into the power in that house, sparks of light would come out, but anyways if that fucked my components why it doesnt show any issues in programs when I test ram, gpu etc? I dont know everything looks fine, but I have input lag and I cant proof it, thats the worst part, and btw I changed the battery 1 day ago, it feels the same no difference at all

And nope, im not able to change my gpu or my rams, thats a lot of money and I dont have that much, im gonna buy a new motherboard next month tho, I will buy this one: "Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING"
I dont even know if this will fix anything, thats why im so sad, because I dont want to waste money on random things, but what can I do man ):
OK, let us know if you track it down!

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 19 Dec 2022, 16:52

Just FYI, getting a different motherboard won't fix the issue. At least it didn't for me. I had a Gigabyte Z590 UD first, then MSI MPG Gaming Plus, then I thought maybe buying a pretty high end motherboard would help... but nope. Got myself an Asus Rog Maximus XII Hero which is a beast of a motherboard with high quality parts and yet the issue remains.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 19 Dec 2022, 21:28

TheKelz wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 16:52
Just FYI, getting a different motherboard won't fix the issue. At least it didn't for me. I had a Gigabyte Z590 UD first, then MSI MPG Gaming Plus, then I thought maybe buying a pretty high end motherboard would help... but nope. Got myself an Asus Rog Maximus XII Hero which is a beast of a motherboard with high quality parts and yet the issue remains.
For sure it cant help, because this issue is not about top gpu or cpu parts, I suupose after reading bunches of threads like this and watching countless videos about the lag . Your gameplay may be smoother in 60 hz running on aliexpress parts computer, rather than 360hz top mb,cpu,gpu,psu falcon heavy rocket pc setup

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 20 Dec 2022, 05:02

TheKelz wrote:
Im just gonna buy a new pc xd, I moved to a new house so a new pc should be the fix, there's no way im lagging with a new god pc, that makes no sense for me, I understand that my old house was shit, but now im in a good house so that should be enough right?

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 20 Dec 2022, 05:03

InputLagger wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 21:28
TheKelz wrote:
For sure it cant help, because this issue is not about top gpu or cpu parts, I suupose after reading bunches of threads like this and watching countless videos about the lag . Your gameplay may be smoother in 60 hz running on aliexpress parts computer, rather than 360hz top mb,cpu,gpu,psu falcon heavy rocket pc setup
But what is the main issue of this? Maybe we dont have the same problem tho, I know my old house the electricity was dog shit, but now im in a new house and I will buy a new pc, it should be fine right?

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 20 Dec 2022, 06:50

Smokq wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 05:02
TheKelz wrote:
Im just gonna buy a new pc xd, I moved to a new house so a new pc should be the fix, there's no way im lagging with a new god pc, that makes no sense for me, I understand that my old house was shit, but now im in a good house so that should be enough right?
Do it if there’s a refund policy, it’s not a guaranteed fix. I changed pc parts in 7 locations and played in net cafe in my city, all laggy as fuck

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 20 Dec 2022, 08:33

assombrosso wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 06:50
Smokq wrote:
TheKelz wrote:
Do it if there’s a refund policy, it’s not a guaranteed fix. I changed pc parts in 7 locations and played in net cafe in my city, all laggy as fuck
Wtf what is your issue? how is possible that you tried in 7 different locations, and you even tried a different pc on a net cafe and you still have that lag? Do you have any irl friends that play games also? Do they feel the same input lag? What are the symptoms of your input lag? Im curious because I want to know if we have the same issue

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 20 Dec 2022, 10:27

Smokq wrote:
TheKelz wrote:
I hope it helps you, but it didn't help me as well. The motherboard was only a part of what I did. I was using a DDR3 system before, then moved to DDR4 which means a completely new system, but it was all the same. Then I upgraded to an even beefier system (from i7 to i9), but nope, also the same. I can bet you that if you will travel with your PC in a place where this issue doesn't exist, it will work just fine and the issue will disappear. Sad truth is that you really need to find a place where there is no input lag issue and then you need to also afford buying it and staying there.

djoni

Post by djoni » 20 Dec 2022, 13:15

Nothing fixes it because it is not up to us, it is network problem. It simply doesn't matter how many pcs or what perephrials you will change as long as you are stuck with faulty ISP. And no, ping and packet loss is not everything, I already know that. How? Well, before few days something happened after I restarted my router. I started CS GO and I couldn't believe my eyes - I had zero input lag, absolutely zero, the best gameplay I've ever had. Then I noticed that my ping was fluctuating more, but I had around 2-3 ms less than what I usually have. I suspected that I did something after restarting my modem and opened Speedtest. Somehow I managed to get 92 mbps download speed when I usually have around 75, but my upload went to around 3 mbps when I usually have 13. I usually had ~60ms download latency, while with the perfect gameplay I had ~25. My upload latency went much higher, but who cares, my gameplay was flawless. And it lasted... 6 hours. Something happened and my internet and TV stopped so I was forced to restart the modem again. I started CS GO again and the shit came back. After I went to speedtest I was getting my usual speeds again - 75/13 and my download latency was ~55-60ms again. Also the perfect gameplay was in rush hour, when it's supposed that the network congestion is at its peak (12AM - 17:30 PM). Net graph ain't gonna show something wrong, speedtest also. In all cases with and without the input lag I've always had perfect net graphs and speedtests, but see, they changed when the input lag was gone. After I continued with the diagnose of the problem, I noticed that when my gameplay was the worst, my speedtest and pings were also a tiny bit worse than usual. But still, nothing alarming. Just a small sign that it's actually a network problem. It's definitely something out ouf our knowledge and control, probably some special handling of traffic and prioritizing. And because many people give pro players as an example of good gameplay... guys, what differs us from them? It's only one thing - do you really think that any organisation would let their players (employees) without a perfect internet connection? Also, some people have the problem, some not. Those who don't, what I've noticed is that even if they play on a calculator, they would still have better gameplay than ours, simply because they have good connection. Now probably someones gonna say "I have good connection, fiber"... the type of internet connection means nothing, the speeds mean nothing, the ping means nothing, the netgraph means nothing. It's the quality of the internet and the traffic priority of your ISP that matters. Try different ISPs until you find the perfect or at least a tolerable one.