Page 13 of 14
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 12:32
by unexpected8
We have a TN-C-S electrical system serving four houses. If a coaxial cable is severed at one of the other houses, could it affect the electricity supply in my home???
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 12:54
by bwainzz
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 11:59
Unplugging and reconnecting cables and devices, switching lights and fans on and off etc now changes nothing. The issue is related to coax for me and im sure it is for most people
My house has coaxial cables connected to the TV in rooms separate from my PC; nothing in the PC room, including the internet, has coaxial cables. The idea is to remove all the coaxial cables or connect just one to my PC. Could you explain how we can do this?
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 13:47
by Shade7
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 11:59
Unplugging and reconnecting cables and devices, switching lights and fans on and off etc now changes nothing. The issue is related to coax for me and im sure it is for most people
Could you provide a little more detail, please?
I'm not sure what you mean by saying the issue is related to Coax.
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 13:48
by cybepine
unexpected8 wrote: ↑Yesterday, 12:32
We have a TN-C-S electrical system serving four houses. If a coaxial cable is severed at one of the other houses, could it affect the electricity supply in my home???
Leave it...
If you don't know what you are doing or don't know how to cut/disconnect coax temporarily.
There should not be any current on the coax cable.
Ask someone who knows how to do it.
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 14:14
by astroasis
bwainzz wrote: ↑Yesterday, 12:54
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 11:59
Unplugging and reconnecting cables and devices, switching lights and fans on and off etc now changes nothing. The issue is related to coax for me and im sure it is for most people
My house has coaxial cables connected to the TV in rooms separate from my PC; nothing in the PC room, including the internet, has coaxial cables. The idea is to remove all the coaxial cables or connect just one to my PC. Could you explain how we can do this?
I connected a coax cable coming from my TV antenna into a wall coax port.
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 15:00
by durlite
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 14:14
bwainzz wrote: ↑Yesterday, 12:54
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 11:59
Unplugging and reconnecting cables and devices, switching lights and fans on and off etc now changes nothing. The issue is related to coax for me and im sure it is for most people
My house has coaxial cables connected to the TV in rooms separate from my PC; nothing in the PC room, including the internet, has coaxial cables. The idea is to remove all the coaxial cables or connect just one to my PC. Could you explain how we can do this?
I connected a coax cable coming from my TV antenna into a wall coax port.
I have multiple open coax ports that has no terminator cap or are unplugged, here is sweden we have 3 coax connections in each outlet.. I wonder if this could be it
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 15:10
by astroasis
durlite wrote: ↑Yesterday, 15:00
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 14:14
bwainzz wrote: ↑Yesterday, 12:54
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 11:59
Unplugging and reconnecting cables and devices, switching lights and fans on and off etc now changes nothing. The issue is related to coax for me and im sure it is for most people
My house has coaxial cables connected to the TV in rooms separate from my PC; nothing in the PC room, including the internet, has coaxial cables. The idea is to remove all the coaxial cables or connect just one to my PC. Could you explain how we can do this?
I connected a coax cable coming from my TV antenna into a wall coax port.
I have multiple open coax ports that has no terminator cap or are unplugged, here is sweden we have 3 coax connections in each outlet.. I wonder if this could be it
It could be bro, the coax stuff is the only thing that maintains the change, I also have multiple open coax ports left in the house so I'm gonna try terminators when they arrive. For now keeping a connection from the attic tv antenna to my downstairs living room coax port via a standard coax cable is keeping my pc good, terminators might be a different effect on things considering they cancel out the line so we'll see
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 16:33
by durlite
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 15:10
durlite wrote: ↑Yesterday, 15:00
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 14:14
bwainzz wrote: ↑Yesterday, 12:54
My house has coaxial cables connected to the TV in rooms separate from my PC; nothing in the PC room, including the internet, has coaxial cables. The idea is to remove all the coaxial cables or connect just one to my PC. Could you explain how we can do this?
I connected a coax cable coming from my TV antenna into a wall coax port.
I have multiple open coax ports that has no terminator cap or are unplugged, here is sweden we have 3 coax connections in each outlet.. I wonder if this could be it
It could be bro, the coax stuff is the only thing that maintains the change, I also have multiple open coax ports left in the house so I'm gonna try terminators when they arrive. For now keeping a connection from the attic tv antenna to my downstairs living room coax port via a standard coax cable is keeping my pc good, terminators might be a different effect on things considering they cancel out the line so we'll see
I've ordered a couple terminators -- let's test it out
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 29 Sep 2026, 02:26
by spkii
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 15:10
durlite wrote: ↑Yesterday, 15:00
astroasis wrote: ↑Yesterday, 14:14
bwainzz wrote: ↑Yesterday, 12:54
My house has coaxial cables connected to the TV in rooms separate from my PC; nothing in the PC room, including the internet, has coaxial cables. The idea is to remove all the coaxial cables or connect just one to my PC. Could you explain how we can do this?
I connected a coax cable coming from my TV antenna into a wall coax port.
I have multiple open coax ports that has no terminator cap or are unplugged, here is sweden we have 3 coax connections in each outlet.. I wonder if this could be it
It could be bro, the coax stuff is the only thing that maintains the change, I also have multiple open coax ports left in the house so I'm gonna try terminators when they arrive. For now keeping a connection from the attic tv antenna to my downstairs living room coax port via a standard coax cable is keeping my pc good, terminators might be a different effect on things considering they cancel out the line so we'll see
Could a disconnected coaxial cable in my home affect this? I have several coaxial antenna cables, but they are disconnected from the TV (even though the cables themselves are still there).
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Posted: 29 Sep 2026, 06:49
by durlite
some interesting stuff happened -- first off all I have two coax panels in my home, one of each side of a wall on the spot.. on of the panels is inside my room and the other one is in the living room, I have 1 TV coax port connected in living room and i had 1 terminator cap on the internet coax in the living room, in my room I had only 1 coax connection to the router which also was located in my room -- I went and felt the terminator cap inside the living room and it was loose, i have lived here about 12 years and i have never changed or moved this before, so i removed the terminator and placed it on the internet coax inside in my roam and took the router and connected it to that spot it was connected to in the living room which there was a terminator on and also placed the router in the living room (its just literally 1 meters away but there is a wall in the middle) that completely fixed my download/upload speeds and my bufferbloat I previously had..
every bufferbloat test I've done the past 5 years has given me a 5-15 on download and 50-70 on upload
could've been the loose terminator cap