Page 137 of 153

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 10 Sep 2026, 21:47
by edgintheledge
FW 1.1.10 360hz PW10 ULMB photos

Taken 1/90sec shutter, this time as an actual photo instead of picking frames from a video


My best testufo shots taken at 2520px/sec (2400 selected on testufo)
IMG_2839.jpeg
IMG_2839.jpeg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 1004 times
IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2869.jpeg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 1004 times

Strobe crosstalk test at 1800px/sec (1920 selected on testufo). Had to slow it down a bit to get a decent photo, still shows where the sweetspot is tuned.
IMG_2881.jpeg
IMG_2881.jpeg (3.35 MiB) Viewed 1004 times
Crosstalk definitely is creeping in alot more, but I am surprised the sweetspot is as large as it is for an IPS panel at 360. Will shoot some 240hz photos next

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 10 Sep 2026, 23:54
by liquidshadowfox
Honestly I think that's an acceptable amount of crosstalk given how much clearer it looks now. Gsync pulsar works more consistently for sure but we are still at the mercy of game engine/optimizations for it to work well. Wardogs for some reason doesn't look as good at 144 fps or above with Front edge sync cap than it does at 120 fps or below with front edge sync. If I use Vsync + Gsync + reflex it looks worse, I think there might be more improvements that could possibly be made between 130 hz - 200 hz but maybe I'm wrong

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 11 Sep 2026, 01:24
by kyube
edgintheledge wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 21:47
FW 1.1.10 360hz PW10 ULMB photos
PW=10 was ~50cd/m², right?

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 11 Sep 2026, 02:20
by edgintheledge
kyube wrote: ↑
11 Sep 2026, 01:24
PW=10 was ~50cd/m², right?
Yeah, it looks to me like the same brightness in all refresh rate modes at PW10.

I do wonder if the 240 and 360hz modes still didn't change the same way as the 120hz mode did.
On firmware 1.1.8 the changelog specifically said "Improved 120Hz ULMB2 quality (Global flash instead of rolling scan)"
This patch it only says "Improved moving image sharpness for 240 and 360 ULMB2 and Pulsar"

Perhaps I'm reading into it too much, but the 60 and 120 modes seem like they closely follow a linear brightness vs clarity tradeoff while the 240+ modes technically look the slightest bit better, but not enough to warrant the brightness tradeoff as you drop PW very low just like how your table showed. It's possible that this is why the sweetspot was able to be kept so large at 360hz even though it's an IPS.

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 11 Sep 2026, 05:20
by CriticalHit_NL
mawi wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 17:02
CriticalHit_NL wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 16:59
Successfully updated from 1.1.8 to 1.1.10 on my Asus G-Sync Pulsar monitor!
The new changes sound promising so looking forward to toy around with it a litte, thanks Nvidia for the great improvements so far!
Really been enjoying the way 1.1.8 has been working, it has already been pretty much flawless to me. :D
Oh wow thanks for the screenshot. It now shows when DSC is on. Was that the case before? I was never sure if DSC is turned off when reducing to 240 Hz (without switching to single tile mode). Maybe an RTX 30/40 user could test this as well? That would be interesting to see.

When I reduce to 240 Hz, the "DSC on" is gone. I think it would be better if they keep the line and say "DSC off". But well...
Yes it did show up in 1.1.8 atleast, I don't remember 1.1.6, I know factory default did not have it.

Image
MSIfanboy wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 17:08
On windows 10 at first pulse width did nothing, then somehow works now with ulmb2, and also gsync wasn't working with NVIDIA full screen and windowed option (was working with full screen mode and gsync indicator overlay)

I think my windows 10 is stuffed, pulsar above 240fpw looked good though

The 120hz ulmb2 mode is definitely the best, by a lot imo

NVIDIA engineer recommends contrast at 88 or 87 I can't recall
Strange, my Windows 10 22H2 installation has no issues, latest drivers and ESU updates.
Could change the Pulse Width over multiple firmwares without issue, G-sync was also working fine.

I do run a 5090, don't know if that would matter regarding DSC etc. but I doubt that.

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 11 Sep 2026, 05:43
by MSIfanboy
i was still having issue with pulsar looking bad at low refresh rates, installed windows 11, ddu graphics drivers, nvidia app nothing, only fix or set of actions i did, was "prefer maximum performance" in nvdia legacy app from microsoft store, along with ultra low latency, and vsync on, and i set a 357 cap in case, and enabled gsync indicator, and set gsync fullscreen and windowed, and seems to be working fine now

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 11 Sep 2026, 06:48
by t2na
Just updated mine now too, looking forward to trying it out a bit this afternoon and later on playing some Finals again. I've had the game limited to 240fps on my Pulsar monitor so might just let it run up to 328 to see if I can notice a difference as the fps moves around a bit more than I'm used to.

Side note: outside of the micro-USB cable, I do really like how easy it is to update the firmware via a browser and not needing a separate application installed on my PC.

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 11 Sep 2026, 10:30
by kyube
Image

A nice upgrade. I do wonder what the limit to the blurring is.
I assume 3840px/s & beyond would who artifacting, though PG27AQN isn't exempt from this.
The prediction for the lower PW region for 240-360 Hz is definitely wrong though, as these UFOs seem like ~1px of blur to me.
This would imply ~18% duty cycle @ 360Hz @ ULMB2 PW=10. Exactly how these monitors should've shipped on launch :)

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 11 Sep 2026, 11:17
by Shrimper
Absolutely no scientific method here but Pulsar at ~300fps gaming does look sharper to my eyes.
Nothing game changing, but noticeable.

As a side note, the firmware update froze up my windows completely. Which was a bit scary, but it all worked after reboot.

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Posted: 11 Sep 2026, 13:19
by Cr0x
mawi wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 16:56
Oh yes, that is a good one.

Also just tested pulsar mode, CS2 with front edge sync looks much clearer between 240 and 342 cap. Below (around 120) i dont see any difference. But it was anyway just announced to be improved between 240 and 360.
It is so clear now, its hard to imagine it could get any clearer IF it works... In normal games on Valve servers, everything is perfect.

But... if I play the workshop maps which were problematic before like the prefire aim maps, 1% lows drop to around 220 with 342 avg, still not looking good. If I reduce the rtss cap to 240 there, it looks fine, but i dont want to play 240 all the time. There must be a way to get this under control somehow. If 1% lows only reach 220, then i dont know, lower the internal cap automatically, so it still looks fine?! Tie the avg somehow to the lows? I know this is not how this works. 1% lows means there are even lower fps than that, its just statistics. And I also know lowering the cap also lowers the 1% lows as there are lower "highs". Still there should be an option to keep track of the lows and adapting the rest so it lowers the avg and stays smooth and clear.

However, by far the best firmware so far, I am really happy. That was worth the wait. It even feels a little different on Windows desktop with 360 Hz. If I follow the (weirdly large) mouse pointer the symbols in the background seem different, they feel more "strobed" than before if you know what I mean. When following the pointer it feels I see the icons sharper in my peripheral view. Its like seeing them multiple times but very clear. Wasnt the case before. The pointer itself looks the same as before and unfortunately there is still a slight ghost around it but sth. has changed.

UFO Test at fixed 360 Hz seems identical to me.
So any new suggestions/changes for the cs2 Setup after the 1.1.10, im running your suggestion from the June replay:
"""""Use RTSS for capping the frames (I would do this at around 340 fps). Keep in mind, this needs the steam startup command "-allow_third_party_software" in CS2. Dont worry, this is allowed. No problem with VAC, not even with faceit AC."""""""