Page 7 of 13
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 06 Aug 2026, 17:22
by fa1kk
MontyTheAverage wrote: ↑06 Aug 2026, 10:11
I also had government people come and measure RFI issues in my area and home. They even measured when the PC was booted up online playing for a short while. They didn't find any RFI issues that stood out. Same as yours. So RFI may be ruled out.
Have you tried clean sweep emi filter yet? I know one guy says he solved the issue with that once he also addressed the grounding resistance
I've actually tried several different power-line EMI filters already, including an EMSBI FZP-125-1 (
http://en.emsbi.ua/fzp-125-1-en), a few custom filters that I built myself, and some filters specified up to 1 GHz. None of them made any difference at all.
What I think may have been misunderstood is that I'm not talking about airborne RFI.
The AM radio is simply being used as a very basic indicator. It only detects noise when I bring it extremely close to the conductor (a few centimeters away). When the entire area loses power, almost all of that noise disappears. The house wiring becomes quiet, the outlets become quiet, and even the utility poles that normally produce noticeable AM noise become almost silent.
Thus, at least from what I've observed, the noise seems to be traveling through the electrical network.
That's why I'm no longer convinced that adding another mains EMI filter will solve the problem. I'm more interested in identifying where the conducted interference is actually coming from and how to find and eliminate it, since it's linked to the distribution network.
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 08 Aug 2026, 02:45
by lila
I would like to ask: In the place where you experienced the problem, are there any signal towers or base stations nearby? Can your phone receive 5G signals there? Are there 5G signals present in the places where the problem does not occur?
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 08 Aug 2026, 09:25
by fa1kk
lila wrote: ↑08 Aug 2026, 02:45
I would like to ask: In the place where you experienced the problem, are there any signal towers or base stations nearby? Can your phone receive 5G signals there? Are there 5G signals present in the places where the problem does not occur?
There is a cell tower about 379 meters from my house, but as far as I know it only has LTE. I don’t think there is 5G coverage from that tower.
Interestingly, I have already had a pretty good opportunity to test the technology indirectly. During some long power outages, there was basically no cellular service at all in my area-my phone showed 0 bars, and I couldn’t get a usable signal on any of the local carriers.
Despite the lack of cellular service, I didn’t notice any meaningful changes in the behavior of the PC and monitor. The same symptoms were still literally the same.
I don’t see a correlation with the presence or absence of cellular signals. If anything, the complete loss of cellular service during the outages should have made a noticeable difference, but it didn’t.
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 08 Aug 2026, 20:31
by lila
"This problem is not due to real-time interference; rather, it causes some circuits to remain in an altered operating state. During the power outage, did you perform a full cold restart (complete power cycle) of the computer?"、
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 08 Aug 2026, 22:39
by fa1kk
lila wrote: ↑08 Aug 2026, 20:31
"This problem is not due to real-time interference; rather, it causes some circuits to remain in an altered operating state. During the power outage, did you perform a full cold restart (complete power cycle) of the computer?"、
In my case it doesn't seem to work that way.
The change can happen while the PC is running. I don't need to restart it, change any settings, or power-cycle anything. Sometimes the system simply becomes noticeably better or worse by itself, and whatever state it enters can remain for some time.
So, at least in my case, I don't think the issue is a persistent state that is simply carried over until a cold boot.
So my current assumption is that whatever is changing is happening in the electrical environment in real time, rather than the PC simply remaining in some altered state after an interference event.
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 09 Aug 2026, 07:47
by 1nputlag34
fa1kk wrote: ↑08 Aug 2026, 22:39
lila wrote: ↑08 Aug 2026, 20:31
"This problem is not due to real-time interference; rather, it causes some circuits to remain in an altered operating state. During the power outage, did you perform a full cold restart (complete power cycle) of the computer?"、
In my case it doesn't seem to work that way.
The change can happen while the PC is running. I don't need to restart it, change any settings, or power-cycle anything. Sometimes the system simply becomes noticeably better or worse by itself, and whatever state it enters can remain for some time.
So, at least in my case, I don't think the issue is a persistent state that is simply carried over until a cold boot.
So my current assumption is that whatever is changing is happening in the electrical environment in real time, rather than the PC simply remaining in some altered state after an interference event.
that true i felt the same way
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 09 Aug 2026, 17:50
by Catgrovee
Hi. Please excuse my English; I live in Mexico.
I solved the problem two months ago thanks to an electrical engineer I met at work. The issue (in my case) stemmed from my home's TN-C system, and the solution was to switch to a TN-C-S system. To do this, you simply need to install a jumper between the neutral bar and the ground bar in the main electrical panel, and then connect the outlet circuits to that ground bar; however, keep the following in mind: first, you must verify if the neutral is grounded at the meter base, as this is a very common practice. If it is, you need to connect the meter's grounding rod to the main panel's grounding rod to ensure everything is at the same potential.
Using a separate grounding rod for the outlet circuits is a common mistake; everything must be at the same potential.
It wasn't necessary to rewire every outlet in the house; I simply installed an outlet next to the main panel and then used a 15-meter extension cord to connect my equipment.
I’ll soon record some videos to show how the games run; the difference is so massive that even an old Xbox One offers a far superior experience—in terms of resolution, sharpness, and smoothness—compared to what I had on my PC just a few months ago.
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 09 Aug 2026, 19:38
by Abdulrahman
Catgrovee wrote: ↑09 Aug 2026, 17:50
Hi. Please excuse my English; I live in Mexico.
I solved the problem two months ago thanks to an electrical engineer I met at work. The issue (in my case) stemmed from my home's TN-C system, and the solution was to switch to a TN-C-S system. To do this, you simply need to install a jumper between the neutral bar and the ground bar in the main electrical panel, and then connect the outlet circuits to that ground bar; however, keep the following in mind: first, you must verify if the neutral is grounded at the meter base, as this is a very common practice. If it is, you need to connect the meter's grounding rod to the main panel's grounding rod to ensure everything is at the same potential.
Using a separate grounding rod for the outlet circuits is a common mistake; everything must be at the same potential.
It wasn't necessary to rewire every outlet in the house; I simply installed an outlet next to the main panel and then used a 15-meter extension cord to connect my equipment.
I’ll soon record some videos to show how the games run; the difference is so massive that even an old Xbox One offers a far superior experience—in terms of resolution, sharpness, and smoothness—compared to what I had on my PC just a few months ago.
This is the first time I've seen someone say they finally solved the problem! Alright, in my case, the house I live in has no grounding. What should I do?"\
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 10 Aug 2026, 03:26
by MK92
Not the first time at all, there are MANY people here - including myself - which fixed this by fixing broken neutral wiring, especially on old TN-C systems...we've been saying for so long that the problem is neutral impedance, neutral voltage drift and wrong neutral to ground potentials, and people still dream about some fictional "emi" and are buying emi meters...it's WIRING, not some fictional interference that jumps from PC to PC over air.
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input, affected by electrical and network conditions
Posted: 10 Aug 2026, 12:31
by Dissimilate777
MK92 wrote: ↑10 Aug 2026, 03:26
Not the first time at all, there are MANY people here - including myself - which fixed this by fixing broken neutral wiring, especially on old TN-C systems...we've been saying for so long that the problem is neutral impedance, neutral voltage drift and wrong neutral to ground potentials, and people still dream about some fictional "emi" and are buying emi meters...it's WIRING, not some fictional interference that jumps from PC to PC over air.
Really? Maybe find 1 video at this forum where some clowns like you show how any game works after fix? Cmon show us pubg, cs2, valorant, any video when you play without problem or give me any thread from any video??