Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
jassine
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Jan 2024, 10:38

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by jassine » 26 May 2024, 09:09

can someone with RSS enabled share the result of: Get-NetAdapterRss

BlurWickd
Posts: 41
Joined: 27 Nov 2023, 18:31

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by BlurWickd » 26 May 2024, 12:23

jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:09
can someone with RSS enabled share the result of: Get-NetAdapterRss
After entering your script - now I see number of rss queues, receive side scaling and rss load balancing profile in the advanced settings in device manager. Its set to 4 and rss load balancing profile set to numastatic is this right?
I'm not sure if its working because the indirection table is empty though.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-26 182305.png
Screenshot 2024-05-26 182305.png (20.23 KiB) Viewed 1100 times

Unreazz
Posts: 175
Joined: 30 Dec 2019, 06:45

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by Unreazz » 26 May 2024, 13:34

as you requested


Image

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 101
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 26 May 2024, 14:35

Unreazz wrote:
25 May 2024, 23:44
JimCarry wrote:
25 May 2024, 20:07
Unreazz wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:12
JimCarry wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:25


i dont think you are right,if rss works its day and night difference.
What do you mean ? you can just simply activate it via powershell command. there is no reg edit needed
do you even read what he type ? he dont even have it ?
i was not talking about him, i mean, what do you mean with "if rss works its day and night difference" why is it in your case then not activated ? or does it not working out for you ?
i give you example there is tweak in the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzEOUUmtzRY

at 5:28 you see you can change the msi limit for example mine max is 2048
i found my max with go GoInterruptPolicy.exe and after setting it to 2048 you see in msinfo32

my realtek going from one irq to 4 maybe because my realtek can make only 4 ? but after this tweak rss enabled makes huge diffrence i dont know how but in my case does.

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 101
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 26 May 2024, 14:36

jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:09
can someone with RSS enabled share the result of: Get-NetAdapterRss
i will today later.

jassine
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Jan 2024, 10:38

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by jassine » 26 May 2024, 15:40

Unreazz wrote:
26 May 2024, 13:34
as you requested


Image
what driver are u using ? and Could you please tell us your setup (MB, cpu) ?

because my results are as same as BlurWickd, IndirectionTable and RssProcessorArray are empty and we have same network card; im confused.
BlurWickd wrote:
26 May 2024, 12:23
After entering your script - now I see number of rss queues, receive side scaling and rss load balancing profile in the advanced settings in device manager. Its set to 4 and rss load balancing profile set to numastatic is this right?
I'm not sure if its working because the indirection table is empty though.

BlurWickd
Posts: 41
Joined: 27 Nov 2023, 18:31

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by BlurWickd » 26 May 2024, 16:57

jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:40
Unreazz wrote:
26 May 2024, 13:34
as you requested


Image
what driver are u using ? and Could you please tell us your setup (MB, cpu) ?

because my results are as same as BlurWickd, IndirectionTable and RssProcessorArray are empty and we have same network card; im confused.
BlurWickd wrote:
26 May 2024, 12:23
After entering your script - now I see number of rss queues, receive side scaling and rss load balancing profile in the advanced settings in device manager. Its set to 4 and rss load balancing profile set to numastatic is this right?
I'm not sure if its working because the indirection table is empty though.
I used the latest on the realtek website, the one that doesn't support powersaving. The odd thing is that I reinstalled the one from my motherboard site which seems to be the exact same version yet the indirection table is full now and it has rss already? wtf?
7950x3d, MSI x670e TOMAHAWK Wifi

jassine
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Jan 2024, 10:38

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by jassine » 26 May 2024, 17:58

BlurWickd wrote:
26 May 2024, 16:57
I used the latest on the realtek website, the one that doesn't support powersaving. The odd thing is that I reinstalled the one from my motherboard site which seems to be the exact same version yet the indirection table is full now and it has rss already? wtf?
7950x3d, MSI x670e TOMAHAWK Wifi
I just did what you did, i installed realtek driver from their website, then installed my MB's driver (Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 rev 1.4) and boom, i have everything, thats weird.
Attachments
Capture d'écran 2024-05-26 235446.png
Capture d'écran 2024-05-26 235446.png (44.35 KiB) Viewed 932 times

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 101
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 26 May 2024, 18:23

BlurWickd wrote:
26 May 2024, 12:23
jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:09
can someone with RSS enabled share the result of: Get-NetAdapterRss
After entering your script - now I see number of rss queues, receive side scaling and rss load balancing profile in the advanced settings in device manager. Its set to 4 and rss load balancing profile set to numastatic is this right?
I'm not sure if its working because the indirection table is empty though.
Disabletaskoffload to 0 and indirection table should be working

User avatar
JimCarry
Posts: 101
Joined: 24 May 2024, 20:01
Location: dust2

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by JimCarry » 26 May 2024, 18:25

BlurWickd wrote:
26 May 2024, 16:57
jassine wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:40
Unreazz wrote:
26 May 2024, 13:34
as you requested


Image
what driver are u using ? and Could you please tell us your setup (MB, cpu) ?

because my results are as same as BlurWickd, IndirectionTable and RssProcessorArray are empty and we have same network card; im confused.
BlurWickd wrote:
26 May 2024, 12:23
After entering your script - now I see number of rss queues, receive side scaling and rss load balancing profile in the advanced settings in device manager. Its set to 4 and rss load balancing profile set to numastatic is this right?
I'm not sure if its working because the indirection table is empty though.
I used the latest on the realtek website, the one that doesn't support powersaving. The odd thing is that I reinstalled the one from my motherboard site which seems to be the exact same version yet the indirection table is full now and it has rss already? wtf?
7950x3d, MSI x670e TOMAHAWK Wifi
Disabletaskoffload is 0 if indirection table has number in it,it means on boar processor on realtek is on and working.

Post Reply