Are some people better just off without ULMB?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Discorz
VIP Member

Re: Are some people better just off without ULMB?

Post by Discorz » 10 Dec 2022, 10:25

No need for gexprience. There is a built-in analyzer that you can enable through monitor OSD. It only requires mouse to be plugged into monitor's usb port.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 10 Dec 2022, 16:30

Discorz wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 10:25
No need for gexprience. There is a built-in analyzer that you can enable through monitor OSD. It only requires mouse to be plugged into monitor's usb port.
Not a supported mouse unfortunately, plus FrameView (PCL metric, in overlay) + CapFrameX both use the same and can measure it (it's in PresentMon, I believe?)
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 19 Dec 2022, 14:05

I used to have a 120hz benQ and played CSGO with strobing. There was definitely a clarity advantage, but there was also a huge eyestrain problem, and I think it caused stutter lag, which enhanced the eyestrain issue. It made the image really dim, but I liked that since most screens are too bright in my experience.

I don't like the process of inserting a blank image over what was just there either, as your eyes can capture that image and it can cause a feeling of things popping in and out of the game environment, especially during movement tracking. This again leads to more eyestrain and screen apnea. I'm sure things have improved since then, but strobing and putting a blank image across the screen really give me kind of a gut-wrenching feeling just thinking about it.