solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Post Reply
issawm
Posts: 52
Joined: 09 Dec 2023, 08:41

Re: solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Post by issawm » 03 Jul 2026, 00:24

“ Over the years, the same pattern has happened on multiple different PCs, including brand-new ones: the systems are fully capable of feeling normal at first, proving the hardware can provide the mouse feel you’re looking for. Then, after Windows updates or related software changes, the mouse begins to feel floaty again. Because this has repeated across multiple systems, it’s unlikely to be bad hardware or bad luck. The more likely explanation is that a software, driver, firmware, or Windows configuration change is consistently altering how the system behaves after setup. The goal is to identify the specific change that happens between the system feeling normal and it becoming floaty.”

I’ve spent $500 on ChatGPT over the course of 3 years. Yet this is all I got in the end..

Asesino34
Posts: 53
Joined: 30 Jun 2022, 11:47

Re: solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Post by Asesino34 » 04 Jul 2026, 06:45

Wrongmousemovement wrote: ↑
22 Apr 2025, 16:39
Hey my floaty mouse sufferers,

I lurked on this forum for a long time, desperetaly trying to fix my floaty mouse (crosshair not there were you put it) Issue. Im excited to tell you that I 100% found a permanent fix for me which is reproducable. (fix is reproducable, and making the Issue happen again is reproducable) It took me a long time to find this fix and I am sure that some people will have the same problem as me, which messes up their aim a lot, leading to inconsistent gameplay and no chance to get good in any game.

The problem was, well, a mouse. But little did I know that 1 mouse could make your whole BIOS permanently buggy, which leads to a wrong initialisation to every next mouse put in, having the exact same Issues as the main faulty mouse. I obviously know this is rare as hell and weird and unbelievable but its a fact in my case. What I FINALLY did after 7 months, was reflashing my BIOS and then NEVER put my faulty mouse (G PRO SUPERLIGHT X WIRELESS) into my motherboard again. I instantly felt the huge difference in mouse feel. So I played a few days, my Issue never came back. But I had to make sure this was the Issue, so I put my faulty mouse back again, and BOOM, my whole system felt floaty again. No matter what other mouse I put in after, the problem didnt go away. I flashed my BIOS once again, and put my mouse which works fine in, no floaty aim at all.

Its crazy that one dongle or mouse can permanently "infect" or make the BIOS buggy. I could literally go to any PC right now and make it faulty forever until they reflash or flash the BIOS, or change Motherboard. Its absolutely crazy. For anybody who thinks im trolling as it sounds absurd (i know it does), I can literally put a video in the next days on this post showing this fix for proof. I would shoot bots in Valorant, or CSGO and you would instantly see how I would miss every shot in floaty system, but shoot very well on the flashed and no bad mouse put in after-system. I have no reason to troll.

My recommendation for people who suffer from floaty mouse a lot, being stuck in bad ranks for thousands of hours: You would have to firstly know which mouse is faulty. I knew it was the superlight because I got it with a new PC together, which firstly had this floaty Issue. When knowing which mouse is faulty in your case, put it away and never touch it again. Then flash BIOS to the same version, or if you have updates, update it. After that, put in a mouse where you are sure its not faulty. Youll see the difference instantly.

I hope I can help some people with this Issue. Probably not many people because I saw people crying about floaty mouse with high ranks, which is funny, and the Issue is probably very rare. I was one of the unlucky guys who had it sadly. Which makes sense, because the superlight is my only actually good mouse which I always took on new hardware thinking it wasnt a mouse Issue, as all mouses felt the same.

So yes, I found the Issue finally, Im so glad I never gave up, and as I said, the Issue is instantly reproducable. Come to my house and see it with your own eyes :D

This superlight will never see sunlight again

WARNING!: BIOS UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK - MAKE SURE NOT TO POWER OFF OR REMOVE FLASH DRIVE WHILE INSTALLING!
Thanks to this post, I started looking into Motion Sync. What a terrible technology.

Most of my problems started years ago when I bought the Razer DeathAdder V2. I had strange symptoms, like everything feeling either faster or slower, and enemies would suddenly move the moment I aimed at them.

I dug out my old Razer DeathAdder, which doesn't have this technology, while the V2 does. As soon as I switched back, everything started feeling like it used to. At least now I can shoot and move without enemies instantly changing direction the moment I aim at them.

Unlike the original post, I didn't have to update my BIOS. At least now I know I've had desync all these years, but the mouse was making it even worse. I've been testing with the old mouse for 48 hours since switching, and the difference has been noticeable.

User avatar
kriegsnake
Posts: 126
Joined: 06 Jan 2022, 17:50

Re: solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Post by kriegsnake » 08 Jul 2026, 19:28

fjoecs wrote: ↑
16 Jun 2026, 10:30
- The motherboard must fully start without any USB devices connected (this is likely the main issue).
- Only connect USB devices after the motherboard has posted and Windows has started.
- You may connect a keyboard or mouse only if you need to exit the BIOS screen, but not before that.
If you clear cmos on asus motherboards , it asks you to press F1 after booting and you have to insert the keyboard to jump into bios, it doesn't let you boot pc without going into bios.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Racord
Posts: 14
Joined: 30 May 2022, 14:26

Re: solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Post by Racord » 09 Jul 2026, 18:09

kriegsnake wrote: ↑
08 Jul 2026, 19:28
If you clear cmos on asus motherboards , it asks you to press F1 after booting and you have to insert the keyboard to jump into bios, it doesn't let you boot pc without going into bios.
I just rebooted the PC using the reset button and F1 no longer asked.

S1rz1
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Sep 2026, 15:44

Re: solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Post by S1rz1 » 08 Sep 2026, 15:48

fjoecs wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2026, 20:23
This fix actually works, lol. However, my issue is even weirder.

I'm using the Logitech G Pro X Superlight 2, and after applying this fix, everything works perfectly until I plug the mouse into the dongle cable connected to my PC to charge the battery. Once I unplug it and switch back to wireless mode, the mouse becomes floaty and unpredictable again. Flashing the BIOS fixes it, but only until I charge the mouse through the dongle cable connected to the PC. Before the process I saved my BIOS profile with settings and imported immediately after flash. So the results are with the same BIOS settings.

It sounds stupid, but now I just charge my mouse from a wall charger using a USB-C cable instead, and everything stays fine.

for those hesitating about this fix:
BEFORE
{BA2E3E63-9980-46DB-9487-88CAE45E89FF}.png

AFTER
{D0680DFC-4AD5-4C0A-9DEA-F2D2A019198B}.png
I had the same problem; I followed the whole procedure, but when I plugged my mouse back in, I lost that "feel"—though I didn't quite understand how to redo it. Do I need to update the BIOS with the mouse plugged in, or perform a CMOS clear with the mouse plugged in? I'd like to know.

I cleared the CMOS and installed a fresh copy of Windows—well, I did exactly what you said—but I plugged it back in beforehand because I needed the battery power, and now I’ve lost that feeling of smoothness. How do I fix this?
Last edited by S1rz1 on 08 Sep 2026, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

nickchraj
Posts: 41
Joined: 29 Mar 2026, 11:37

Re: solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Post by nickchraj » 14 Sep 2026, 13:13

Placebo or you are very lucky. tho, i hope it still working for you either ways

mugil
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Sep 2026, 08:02

Re: solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Post by mugil » 27 Sep 2026, 08:33

when you said you faced the mouse floating issue in superlight 2 mouse, could you let me know if the issue occured from the time you first plugged in the mouse to the system or only after using it some time.

Hubcio
Posts: 65
Joined: 20 Nov 2025, 16:44

Re: solved Floaty Mouse- Reproducable fix-

Post by Hubcio » 27 Sep 2026, 22:41

I started playing on iPad Pro m5 13” plugged in charger(battery 80% mode) + laptop stand fan and playing Fortnite looks very nice, I clutched before work solo vs quads because teammates left game after dying. Of course mobile version has kinda aimbot assist but still… it feels better than console or pc in terms of how it works(I don’t feel huge desync or enemies lagging and playing using WiFi and I don’t have good fiber internet provider). Of course I experienced desync(or I think it was desync). On other hand for sure I experienced desync in cod mobile and in Fortnite custom game 1v1v1(it was lagging but maybe I was playing on server very far away idk) but it’s like normal due to shit internet provider or how cod mobile works. For now I am forgetting about pc or console competitive gaming tho, switched to iPad Pro m5 13” and playing Fortnite on it is amazing(mobile players play against PC and consoles tho).

Post Reply