NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
-
removeme
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Yesterday, 13:40
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
I'm a bit confused about Pulsar implementation at 360+ fps, is the strobing completely turned off at this range or does it strobe with a pulse width matching 360 FPS/Hz?
If I play games that would easily achieve 360+ fps, capped at a consistent 359/360 FPS, would ULMB 2 strictly be better or are there benefits to Pulsar implementation beyond VRR? To that point, on these Pulsar monitors does ULMB 2 still not strobe in a rolling scan?
If I play games that would easily achieve 360+ fps, capped at a consistent 359/360 FPS, would ULMB 2 strictly be better or are there benefits to Pulsar implementation beyond VRR? To that point, on these Pulsar monitors does ULMB 2 still not strobe in a rolling scan?
Last edited by removeme on 04 Oct 2026, 14:00, edited 2 times in total.
-
wiseude
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 27 Jan 2019, 12:42
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
hammelgammler wrote: ↑01 Oct 2026, 11:11Is there anyone who got a monitor without it any backlight bleeding whatsoever? I know that IPS glow is normal and you can’t avoid that, but backlight bleeding is a lottery again.
This is my monitor and there is some bleeding at the bottom. Not the end of the world to be fair, but still annoys me.

Here is mine.
Don't mind the other big blobs of light on the lower half of the picture.That's just lighting from somewhere else.
I think in my case it's uneven pressure on that exact part(Don't know what to call it)
Only visible when I turn ON/OFF my PC so when only the monitor is running.
Dodged Dead pixels to get something else.The upside is its not visible in day to day use.
I do wonder if they would even consider this a defect warrant of a return.
-
mawi
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 03 Jan 2026, 08:10
- Location: Palatine, Germany
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
According to Nvidia it keeps strobing with 360 Hz if you run uncapped above 360 fps. You might see some tearing then:removeme wrote: ↑Yesterday, 13:59I'm a bit confused about Pulsar implementation at 360+ fps, is the strobing completely turned off at this range or does it strobe with a pulse width matching 360 FPS/Hz?
If I play games that would easily achieve 360+ fps, capped at a consistent 359/360 FPS, would ULMB 2 strictly be better or are there benefits to Pulsar implementation beyond VRR? To that point, on these Pulsar monitors does ULMB 2 still not strobe in a rolling scan?
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... nt=3626866
When I use my phone camera to capture the strobing, its perfectly visible when playing VRR. In windows at full 360 fps/hz I do not see any strobing on my phone video as its 60 fps, a multiple of 360.
So when running with more than 360 fps, some ppl claim pulsar is not working anymore according to their camera. I think they just capture straight 360 Hz and no strobing is visible.
Regarding your 2nd question... i think ulmb2 would have better motion clarity. You can also change pulse width. But you will struggle to keep latency low (not using vsync) and avoid tearing. This was discussed just some pages ago. I would go with pulsar.
7800X3D, RTX 5070 Ti, XG27AQNGV Pulsar
-
removeme
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Yesterday, 13:40
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
I see thanks for your reply, I hadn’t seen they confirmed pulsar was active at 360 Hz (360+ FPS). Interesting thought about the visbility of strobing on a 60 fps recording.mawi wrote: ↑Yesterday, 16:44According to Nvidia it keeps strobing with 360 Hz if you run uncapped above 360 fps. You might see some tearing then:removeme wrote: ↑Yesterday, 13:59I'm a bit confused about Pulsar implementation at 360+ fps, is the strobing completely turned off at this range or does it strobe with a pulse width matching 360 FPS/Hz?
If I play games that would easily achieve 360+ fps, capped at a consistent 359/360 FPS, would ULMB 2 strictly be better or are there benefits to Pulsar implementation beyond VRR? To that point, on these Pulsar monitors does ULMB 2 still not strobe in a rolling scan?
When I use my phone camera to capture the strobing, its perfectly visible when playing VRR. In windows at full 360 fps/hz I do not see any strobing on my phone video as its 60 fps, a multiple of 360.
So when running with more than 360 fps, some ppl claim pulsar is not working anymore according to their camera. I think they just capture straight 360 Hz and no strobing is visible.
Regarding your 2nd question... i think ulmb2 would have better motion clarity. You can also change pulse width. But you will struggle to keep latency low (not using vsync) and avoid tearing. This was discussed just some pages ago. I would go with pulsar.
Regarding your second point I assume you mean tearing when the framerate drops below 360. For my use case these 1% low scenarios aren’t really a concern. I’m interested to learn if, based on technical implementation, there’s any difference that would favor Pulsar or ULMB 2 at a perfectly stable 360 FPS scenario.
I had seen input lag might’ve been a concern but from the Rtings review Pulsar and ULMB2 seem to introduce pretty much the same input lag at 360Hz.
Curious if anyone knows whether ULMB2 utilizes the rolling scan backlight on Pulsar monitors which would otherwise give Pulsar a motion clarity advantage at the same pulse width lower on the screen.
-
yogalD
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 16 Jul 2014, 09:55
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
Fantastic clarity at 100+ fps VRR or 60Hz ULMB2
But it seems I can't get ULMB2 working at anything other than 60Hz or 120Hz, so no ULMB2 at 75Hz or 85Hz for example. Is that a bug? Or is the firmware hardcoded to only allow it specifically at 60/120?
Second, testing Pulsar in Smooth Frog, it seems to stutter between ~75-90 fps? Not sure if it's just bad frametiming from Smooth Frog, perhaps an optical illusion from Pulsar rapidly enabling/disabling, or some other weird issue with Pulsar or VRR? If I disable Pulsar it becomes perfectly smooth.
The end result is the 75-100fps range (a common fps range for less well-optimised games even on good hardware or older hardware) is problematic, as a) the 75fps Pulsar minimum often results in Pulsar rapidly turning on/off even at 80-90 fps, and b) ULMB2 isn't available at any custom refresh rates.
Thoughts?
But it seems I can't get ULMB2 working at anything other than 60Hz or 120Hz, so no ULMB2 at 75Hz or 85Hz for example. Is that a bug? Or is the firmware hardcoded to only allow it specifically at 60/120?
Second, testing Pulsar in Smooth Frog, it seems to stutter between ~75-90 fps? Not sure if it's just bad frametiming from Smooth Frog, perhaps an optical illusion from Pulsar rapidly enabling/disabling, or some other weird issue with Pulsar or VRR? If I disable Pulsar it becomes perfectly smooth.
The end result is the 75-100fps range (a common fps range for less well-optimised games even on good hardware or older hardware) is problematic, as a) the 75fps Pulsar minimum often results in Pulsar rapidly turning on/off even at 80-90 fps, and b) ULMB2 isn't available at any custom refresh rates.
Thoughts?
-
mawi
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 03 Jan 2026, 08:10
- Location: Palatine, Germany
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
ULMB2 is only available at 60/120/240 and 360. As far as I know this is not just the case on these pulsar displays. There were some discussions years ago if at least a 300 hz ulmb2 mode could be added to the PGN279AQN as apex legends is locked at 300 fps:
viewtopic.php?p=96164#p96164
But that was never done.
I asked for the same thing some months ago (pulsar mode and ulmb2 with 300 Hz) as it was possible to run 300 Hz via custom resolution on single tile mode without black screen issues etc. This would have been very beneficial for RTX30/40 users. But I dont think this is ever gonna happen.
In my opinion, 60 Hz steps for pulsar and ulmb would definitely be necessary. There was one user in the past claiming one of his games was locked to 180 fps... dont remember who it was. So there we have it, 180 this game, 300 apex legends (not sure if that is still the case today). But we need these timings.
7800X3D, RTX 5070 Ti, XG27AQNGV Pulsar
- nuninho1980
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 26 Dec 2013, 09:49
- Contact:
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
Yes, ULMB2 can get 75Hz and 85Hz! - ULMB2 works between 50Hz and 360Hz despite OSD of your monitor with 120Hz or 240Hz or 360Hz:mawi wrote: ↑Today, 03:07ULMB2 is only available at 60/120/240 and 360. As far as I know this is not just the case on these pulsar displays. There were some discussions years ago if at least a 300 hz ulmb2 mode could be added to the PGN279AQN as apex legends is locked at 300 fps:
viewtopic.php?p=96164#p96164
But that was never done.
Solution by drG-SYNC - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... r/3624862/
CPU: i7-12700KF@stock without E-core
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4@3600MHz
MB: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
GPU: Zotac RTX 4090 non-OC <3
Opt. disc: LG BD-RE writer BH16NS40
HDD: SATA 1TB
SSDs: OCZ RD400 0.5TB+Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU: AEROCOOL 1kW 80+ Gold
Disly: ACER Predator XB273U F5 !NEW!
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4@3600MHz
MB: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
GPU: Zotac RTX 4090 non-OC <3
Opt. disc: LG BD-RE writer BH16NS40
HDD: SATA 1TB
SSDs: OCZ RD400 0.5TB+Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU: AEROCOOL 1kW 80+ Gold
Disly: ACER Predator XB273U F5 !NEW!
-
mawi
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 03 Jan 2026, 08:10
- Location: Palatine, Germany
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
Thanks for the hint. Interesting workaround forcing pulsar to one static frequency. Probably without the pulsewidth options etc. But still, nice.nuninho1980 wrote: ↑Today, 04:51Yes, ULMB2 can get 75Hz and 85Hz! - ULMB2 works between 50Hz and 360Hz despite OSD of your monitor with 120Hz or 240Hz or 360Hz:
Solution by drG-SYNC - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... r/3624862/![]()
7800X3D, RTX 5070 Ti, XG27AQNGV Pulsar
-
Argus
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 06 May 2021, 17:07
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
so it's been a while. what's the verdict on which of the four available pulsar monitors are best?
- nuninho1980
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 26 Dec 2013, 09:49
- Contact:
Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV
CPU: i7-12700KF@stock without E-core
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4@3600MHz
MB: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
GPU: Zotac RTX 4090 non-OC <3
Opt. disc: LG BD-RE writer BH16NS40
HDD: SATA 1TB
SSDs: OCZ RD400 0.5TB+Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU: AEROCOOL 1kW 80+ Gold
Disly: ACER Predator XB273U F5 !NEW!
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4@3600MHz
MB: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
GPU: Zotac RTX 4090 non-OC <3
Opt. disc: LG BD-RE writer BH16NS40
HDD: SATA 1TB
SSDs: OCZ RD400 0.5TB+Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU: AEROCOOL 1kW 80+ Gold
Disly: ACER Predator XB273U F5 !NEW!
