NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, ToastyX, black frame insertion (BFI), and now framerate-based motion blur reduction (framegen / LSS / etc).
whitespider999
Posts: 24
Joined: 30 Apr 2024, 13:28

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by whitespider999 » Yesterday, 07:54

mawi wrote: ↑
Yesterday, 04:33
whitespider999 wrote: ↑
06 Oct 2026, 21:17
but i don't think nv engineers are taking requests. It would certainly be something that I would request.
It has become really quiet since 1.1.10. Two more edits of the changeblog post regarding the black screen issue and 320 fps bug. But other than announced both bugs were not fixed with yesterdays nv driver update. Also no more forecast to whats next on a possible 1.1.11 which always came quick after the releases of 1.1.6 and 1.1.8.
Its been 9 months now and of course the day will come when no more fw updates will arrive for these models. My gut feeling is we might see one more fw... but not too soon.
Hopefully they keep optimizing things on driver side which affect pulsar users more than others like a dynamic frame cap.
Well, i'm no expert in NV thinking. But they seem pretty invested in this judging from the past efforts. It seems like it's come pretty far. The original gsync module took a while to become more mainstream (i even remember a few forum posts suggesting it would not take off, or it's for a niche crowd that only care about no screen tearing). One thing I will say about NV is they are pretty forward looking, they tend to understand what a bit of dedication and potential will result in, and it usually does result in those things. Not immediately, over many years. After using pulsar for a while now, i can confidently say it's outright scary going back to what i was using before (4k qd-oled, 240hz).

mawi
Posts: 101
Joined: 03 Jan 2026, 08:10
Location: Palatine, Germany

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by mawi » Yesterday, 08:09

whitespider999 wrote: ↑
Yesterday, 07:54
Well, i'm no expert in NV thinking. But they seem pretty invested in this judging from the past efforts. It seems like it's come pretty far. The original gsync module took a while to become more mainstream (i even remember a few forum posts suggesting it would not take off, or it's for a niche crowd that only care about no screen tearing). One thing I will say about NV is they are pretty forward looking, they tend to understand what a bit of dedication and potential will result in, and it usually does result in those things. Not immediately, over many years. After using pulsar for a while now, i can confidently say it's outright scary going back to what i was using before (4k qd-oled, 240hz).
I agree. I wasnt saying I am disappointed or anything. I am really happy with my monitor and with the latest firmware. The fact that non of the two advertised fixes were actually present yesterday without any information gave me the idea they might slow it down a bit.

As you said. There is no way back. Unfortunately you get used to it very quickly and the "wow" effect turns more into an "ewww" effect when looking at other displays.
Lets hope they just have a break, maybe some vacation time and then announce some new ideas and features, either driver wise or fw wise.

In the meantime i keep playing goldeneye xbla, perfect dark, twilight princess (dusklight) and wace race 64 recompile with shiny new water animations at 240 fps with unseen clarity. Its just amazing. All these new pc port projects popping up on a daily basis look so amazing on a pulsar display. This is just what pulsar is made for. These games were all played on CRTs in the past... and now they return at the perfect timing so motion blur is not ruining anything :D
7800X3D, RTX 5070 Ti, XG27AQNGV Pulsar

liquidshadowfox
Posts: 287
Joined: 05 Nov 2020, 14:03

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by liquidshadowfox » Yesterday, 08:22

I think more people should post on the nvidia forum post asking for pulsar ultra and extreme modes to be a last hail marry. Am I happy with the monitor as is firmware wise? Yes but I'd love to see at least 1 more pulsar "Extreme" mode where it's half the duty cycle across the board for 1/2 the max brightness (I currently think it gets too bright without adaptive brightness enabled so I know the headroom is DEF there). I'd even take a 3/4 of current max brightness in exchange for a lower duty cycle!

User avatar
kyube
Posts: 1026
Joined: 29 Jan 2018, 12:03

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by kyube » Yesterday, 08:26

whitespider999 wrote: ↑
06 Oct 2026, 21:17
but i don't think nv engineers are taking requests. It would certainly be something that I would request.
I'm somewhat certain that my constant, constructive complaining here about fixed refresh rate strobing being bad on launch was seen and ULMB2 was "unleashed" afterwards. :D
Let's hope they'll listen to my Pulsar request now :)

A more aggressive pulse on time x refresh rate curve would also indirectly dampen (perhaps even eliminate) out the "improper frame pacing / large frametime jitter leads to more blur" complaint that users have here.
If the effective motion clarity eclipses the necessary pixel speed, then it doesn't matter what the frametime value jitters to, you won't physically see/feel it.
With the current 20-41,5% curve that Pulsar comes with, every jitter is seen.

deusner
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Aug 2026, 10:00

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by deusner » Yesterday, 16:38

So I've been very excited about pulsar ever since they revealed the technology and finally got a chance to try it. Decided to go for the xg27aqngv because it seemed like the best of the bunch. Received a panel with no dead pixels and was happy, the pulsar seems to work as intended.

I however can't get over the fact that they used an older, budget variant of a monitor to implement this in. This seems to be the case with all the pulsar models. I still use my pg279q as a secondary monitor which not only has a much better build quality. I was lucky to get one with minimal IPS-glow, backlight bleed and no defects, but it's from 2015.

My xg27aqngv feels cheaply built by comparison, it's just not satisfying to use, the joystick that you use quite often especially when changing pulsar on/off in particular just feels wobbly. Yes I'm a nitpicker. I could live with these, but the contrast is also worse than on my pg279q, and the thing that finally irritates me to the point of wanting to return it is that the uniformity, especially at the sides of the panel is distracting to me and I can't unsee it.

So I'm at a bit of a loss here, is it panel lottery again, or did they really cheap out on manufacturing these while charging a hefty premium? Why would they have done this as a showcase for the new tech? Crazier then that the OLED monitors get premium build quality and latest firmware, while their prices keep going down as popularity and manufacturing seems to increase. I've owned 4 OLED monitors already. It's really a shame. I really wish they would succeed with this but it seems like a pretty tough ask. Am I missing something here?

whitespider999
Posts: 24
Joined: 30 Apr 2024, 13:28

Re: NVIDIA G-Sync Pulsar monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG27AQNGV

Post by whitespider999 » Yesterday, 21:02

liquidshadowfox wrote: ↑
Yesterday, 08:22
I think more people should post on the nvidia forum post asking for pulsar ultra and extreme modes to be a last hail marry. Am I happy with the monitor as is firmware wise? Yes but I'd love to see at least 1 more pulsar "Extreme" mode where it's half the duty cycle across the board for 1/2 the max brightness (I currently think it gets too bright without adaptive brightness enabled so I know the headroom is DEF there). I'd even take a 3/4 of current max brightness in exchange for a lower duty cycle!
Ultimately I just like options. Even if those options aren't always my most common choice. This monitor so far has been about providing a lot of options, and having an extreme mode would absolutely hit a ton of use cases for me and others.

Post Reply