Long-term investigation of unstable input
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
π You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
π You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
-
unexpected8
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 24 Jun 2026, 08:23
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
We have a TN-C-S electrical system serving four houses. If a coaxial cable is severed at one of the other houses, could it affect the electricity supply in my home???
-
bwainzz
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 13 Mar 2024, 08:54
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
My house has coaxial cables connected to the TV in rooms separate from my PC; nothing in the PC room, including the internet, has coaxial cables. The idea is to remove all the coaxial cables or connect just one to my PC. Could you explain how we can do this?
-
Shade7
- Posts: 242
- Joined: 25 May 2022, 18:44
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Could you provide a little more detail, please?
I'm not sure what you mean by saying the issue is related to Coax.
- cybepine
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 17 Jan 2022, 14:25
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Leave it...unexpected8 wrote: βYesterday, 12:32We have a TN-C-S electrical system serving four houses. If a coaxial cable is severed at one of the other houses, could it affect the electricity supply in my home???
If you don't know what you are doing or don't know how to cut/disconnect coax temporarily.
There should not be any current on the coax cable.
Ask someone who knows how to do it.
-
astroasis
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 25 Jul 2025, 18:11
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
I connected a coax cable coming from my TV antenna into a wall coax port.
-
durlite
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 02 Sep 2026, 09:50
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
I have multiple open coax ports that has no terminator cap or are unplugged, here is sweden we have 3 coax connections in each outlet.. I wonder if this could be itastroasis wrote: βYesterday, 14:14I connected a coax cable coming from my TV antenna into a wall coax port.
-
astroasis
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 25 Jul 2025, 18:11
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
It could be bro, the coax stuff is the only thing that maintains the change, I also have multiple open coax ports left in the house so I'm gonna try terminators when they arrive. For now keeping a connection from the attic tv antenna to my downstairs living room coax port via a standard coax cable is keeping my pc good, terminators might be a different effect on things considering they cancel out the line so we'll seedurlite wrote: βYesterday, 15:00I have multiple open coax ports that has no terminator cap or are unplugged, here is sweden we have 3 coax connections in each outlet.. I wonder if this could be itastroasis wrote: βYesterday, 14:14I connected a coax cable coming from my TV antenna into a wall coax port.
-
durlite
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 02 Sep 2026, 09:50
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
I've ordered a couple terminators -- let's test it outastroasis wrote: βYesterday, 15:10It could be bro, the coax stuff is the only thing that maintains the change, I also have multiple open coax ports left in the house so I'm gonna try terminators when they arrive. For now keeping a connection from the attic tv antenna to my downstairs living room coax port via a standard coax cable is keeping my pc good, terminators might be a different effect on things considering they cancel out the line so we'll seedurlite wrote: βYesterday, 15:00I have multiple open coax ports that has no terminator cap or are unplugged, here is sweden we have 3 coax connections in each outlet.. I wonder if this could be it
-
spkii
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 27 Oct 2020, 19:59
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
Could a disconnected coaxial cable in my home affect this? I have several coaxial antenna cables, but they are disconnected from the TV (even though the cables themselves are still there).astroasis wrote: βYesterday, 15:10It could be bro, the coax stuff is the only thing that maintains the change, I also have multiple open coax ports left in the house so I'm gonna try terminators when they arrive. For now keeping a connection from the attic tv antenna to my downstairs living room coax port via a standard coax cable is keeping my pc good, terminators might be a different effect on things considering they cancel out the line so we'll seedurlite wrote: βYesterday, 15:00I have multiple open coax ports that has no terminator cap or are unplugged, here is sweden we have 3 coax connections in each outlet.. I wonder if this could be it
-
durlite
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 02 Sep 2026, 09:50
Re: Long-term investigation of unstable input
some interesting stuff happened -- first off all I have two coax panels in my home, one of each side of a wall on the spot.. on of the panels is inside my room and the other one is in the living room, I have 1 TV coax port connected in living room and i had 1 terminator cap on the internet coax in the living room, in my room I had only 1 coax connection to the router which also was located in my room -- I went and felt the terminator cap inside the living room and it was loose, i have lived here about 12 years and i have never changed or moved this before, so i removed the terminator and placed it on the internet coax inside in my roam and took the router and connected it to that spot it was connected to in the living room which there was a terminator on and also placed the router in the living room (its just literally 1 meters away but there is a wall in the middle) that completely fixed my download/upload speeds and my bufferbloat I previously had..
every bufferbloat test I've done the past 5 years has given me a 5-15 on download and 50-70 on upload
could've been the loose terminator cap
every bufferbloat test I've done the past 5 years has given me a 5-15 on download and 50-70 on upload
could've been the loose terminator cap
